scottkeep me out of James and I'm ok ..Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:34am126.96.36.199lol .. I know what you mean .. thanks .. the whole of any thing is its own best representation .. but its getting past the parts we don't like tht boggle so many .. Genisis I'm good .. Exodus .. well .. parts make better sense with help .. levitcus?? no thanks .. just too much on the brain to support all the wys and wherefores ..
I'm ok with pretty mcu all of it .. but finding any one perspective in certain realms .. just too daunting a task ..
gimme meat and potatoes .. maybe a bit of gravy .. and we're good.
- proverbs scott, Wed Jun 20 3:03amThe proverbs of Solomon son of David, king of Israel: for gaining wisdom and instruction; for understanding words of insight; for receiving instruction in prudent behavior, doing what is right and... more
- There are a lot of good Proverbs greenman, Thu Jun 21 6:29pmIt would be as foolish to deny the value of parts of the Bible as it would be, IMO, to believe that the whole thing is one immaculate, incontrovertible whole. I personally like Proverbs, the Song of... more
- keep me out of James and I'm ok .. scott, Fri Jun 22 10:34am
- Leviticus greenman, Fri Jun 22 3:37pmYes, that's the other one. Yow. I've read more interesting Math textbooks. :)
- If they are receptive Gthestranger, Wed Jun 20 6:21pmWhat I have found, about those who donít seem to be receptive, is that as long as what you are selling is really the truth, the seeds of it canít help but take root. They may not respond to it right... more
- I might have surmised it ... G .. scott, Thu Jun 21 8:36amthe board is one track .. seeking to take and not deliver .. the thought they might be looking for some fresh new people pretty much condenses down to fresh new meat perhaps .. and I didn't come here ... more
- It is what it is Gthestranger, Thu Jun 21 4:50pmWe get some decent discussions going on occasion but summer is a usually slow time for most boards that I have had experience with. I know I post less in summer, too many other things to do. Ken is... more
- Sounds good. Ken C, Wed Jun 20 11:08amI like moral/ethical discussion. I'm also interested in how some moral values have changed over time.
- so .. scott, Thu Jun 21 8:28amwheres your add to the verse I gave? Should kings only be the ones who set the values and moral the rest of us should follow? Are they alone wise? We can talk about the sayings of David .. I was of... more
- The fact that he was king wouldn't make me trust him more. Ken C, Thu Jun 21 2:14pmIf people thought his instructions were good enough to put in their holy book, and thousands of years later people are still reading his advice, then maybe he does have good advice about what is... more
Religion and Ethics BBS