yomeentitySat Jun 23, 2012 1:16am220.127.116.11hopefully this will give some a better understanding of salvation through Christ Jesus.
Can you tell me how to surrender your heart, body, and soul to God?
The word "surrender" is defined as: to yield, give up or over, submit, abandon, relinquish, cede, waive, or capitulate. In some translations, the word "surrender" is not found, but the concepts of "yielding" (Romans 6:16-19) or submitting (James 4:7) are used instead.
In order to surrender your heart, body, and soul to God, one must be willing to yield to the sovereign claim of a righteous God. What is that claim? We need to understand that man is separated from a Holy God by sin and there must be reconciliation. The good news is that God has made a provision for man to be reconciled to Himself and that provision is found in the once-for-all sacrifice made by the Lord Jesus Christ on the cross.
In the Bible, the words heart and soul are often used interchangeably.
The heart is that area of the human conscience that is the seat of our emotions, our thought processes, our values, and the place that we draw our method of operation (Matthew 12:34-35).
The soul is that eternal entity of man that gives us the capacity to communicate with God. For the natural man, that is the man who has not accepted Christ as Savior, the soul is present, but the communication between that soul and God is turned off or separated. It is called being "dead in trespasses and sin" (Ephesians 2:1). It is like having a radio that is not tuned on. From a natural man, the only communication that God recognizes is the prayer for redemption and reconciliation in Christ Jesus. However, when we accept Christ as our Savior and are born again, we are made alive unto God and we are able to then communicate with Him because our soul is no longer separated.
- Location, location, location Clawson, Thu Jun 28 3:12pmhttp://www.wired.com/geekdad/2011/07/why-you-need-to-help-save-the-james-webb-space-telescope/ The Hubble space telescope revealed too much truth about reality already and the Dominionist Empire... more
- Why bother? Clawson, Sat Jun 23 11:18pmI can't see the point of it. It is a major distraction from the time consuming business of survival.
- Been there greenman, Sat Jun 23 6:51pm...lost interest, left it behind. Of course to Christers that means I was never somehow "born again," but then that's what they WOULD say, isn't it? The ability to come and go from their 'born again' ... more
- Re: Been there yome, Sat Jun 23 10:55pmgreenman' only you know if you've ever experienced Christ, or the love of Christ. and once you have there is no doubt, there has been many times in my life i backslid, but hes always come back around ... more
- Good then Israel does nor need our help money ChristopherBlackwell, Sun Jun 24 2:58pmyome, Because all thy have to do is call out and God will come and help them. So we can take back our aid and israel will do just fine. Or if it does not do fine then this Israel was not the one... more
- Thanks for your opinion greenman, Sun Jun 24 2:41pmIt wasn't right for me. Humans make their own beliefs and follow them, or don't. We can convince ourselves of practically anything, but certain proof of a God in charge of anything continues to be... more
- Re: Been there yome, Sat Jun 23 10:57pmfell not feel,,,
- God/dess ispart of me and I am part of them ChristopherBlackwell, Sat Jun 23 12:32pmyome, Your idea that anyone can ever not be part of God is strange to me, or that anyone can ever be cut off from God. Believe what you want.
- God is us.. Tinfoil, Sat Jun 23 8:08amIt is not that we were created in God's image. We created God to suit our own image.
- Re: God is us.. yome, Sat Jun 23 11:28pmI'm sure thats right in some cases, people like to fit God in there own box, when all along it is us who conforms to our own little box. most of us wants to stay in our comfort zone. and I've noticed ... more
- Speaking of putting God in a box ChristopherBlackwell, Sun Jun 24 3:01pmyome, Each religion does just that put God/dess into their own special box claiming that their version is the correct one, even as you do.
- It's endorphins.. Tinfoil, Sun Jun 24 9:26amThe feeling of religious ecstacy you get is caused by endorphins. I believ there is a genetic connection in that many people who become hooked on religion are actually hooked on endorphins... more
- Amen! greenman, Sat Jun 23 6:53pmAnd as we are many people, there are many Gods in many images. Hey, if they work for you and make your and other peoples' lives better, fine. But too often it does just the opposite.
- to me .. scott, Sat Jun 23 7:28amin the end .. God conquers all .. my heart, mind, and spirit. Thus having that conflict done with in this life has opened up the doors for the next... Jesus work was more than important .. it was a... more
Religion and Ethics BBS