ChristopherBlackwellI interviewed Tech Sgt. LongcrierSat Jun 23, 2012 1:07pm184.108.40.206Heathen57
I interview Tech Sgt.Longcrier who had worked to make it happen. As it was official,I had to work with the Air Force Academy PR person. It was not hard as I understood that they didn't want anything that would come back to bite them and in my case it was a win win situations
Yes some Christian did get very upset, even misrepresented the cost as being $40,000 when it was less than half of that because the first boulders were moved not to make the circle but to remove the from being in danger of crashing done on the visitor center. As luck would have it the engineers set those stones in a circle on the top of the hill. So all that was needed was to add some more stones and a propane fire pit. After all the area is prone to wild fires. That and the decking was a matter of safety required by the engineers to protect the Air Force Academy from liability.
Nor is the area only open to Pagans. Christians have used it for Easter Sunrise services and needless to say it makes a good place to meditate and reduce stress from Academy life.
Strange that no one ever got upset over the five million dollars that was spent building the Air Force Academy Cathedral back in the days when a million bucks really meant something.
- Pagans in the Military ChristopherBlackwell, Thu Jun 21 5:55pmCovering some of the hassle of being in the military as a Pagan, it covers also the progress we have made. I didn't know that we now have 72 grave stones in Arlington National Cemetery carved with... more
- At the USAF Academy Heathen57, Sat Jun 23 6:37amwhen they put in the circle and altar, the Christians around here threw an absolute fit. The local paper published editorials against such things, James Dobson, who has the ear of the commandant, all ... more
- I was amazed anyone was able greenman, Sun Jun 24 2:44pm...to put a pagan altar in their, given what I've heard about the level of Christian fanaticism at the AF Academy. No susprise that some of the nuts decided to destroy, symbolically and physically,... more
- I interviewed Tech Sgt. Longcrier ChristopherBlackwell, Sat Jun 23 1:07pm
- Great article! Truthteller, Thu Jun 21 7:16pmand I certainly hope that the other denoms. will get their symbols too. Asatruars especially are becoming more plentiful and it almost seems a given that they should be next. It will probably depend... more
Religion and Ethics BBS