yomeRe: Been thereSat Jun 23, 2012 10:55pm188.8.131.52greenman' only you know if you've ever experienced Christ, or the love of Christ. and once you have there is no doubt,
there has been many times in my life i backslid, but hes always come back around and shows compassion and love.
its always been me that has strayed, he has held to his promise and never left me.
pslams 103 says he remembers we are dust, in other words he knows we are not all powerful gods, such as he is.
our church has been doing a study of the OT, and what we found out was, every time Israel feel and called out to God he showed up.
- entity yome, Sat Jun 23 1:16amhopefully this will give some a better understanding of salvation through Christ Jesus. Can you tell me how to surrender your heart, body, and soul to God? The word "surrender" is defined as: to... more
- Location, location, location Clawson, Thu Jun 28 3:12pmhttp://www.wired.com/geekdad/2011/07/why-you-need-to-help-save-the-james-webb-space-telescope/ The Hubble space telescope revealed too much truth about reality already and the Dominionist Empire... more
- Why bother? Clawson, Sat Jun 23 11:18pmI can't see the point of it. It is a major distraction from the time consuming business of survival.
- Been there greenman, Sat Jun 23 6:51pm...lost interest, left it behind. Of course to Christers that means I was never somehow "born again," but then that's what they WOULD say, isn't it? The ability to come and go from their 'born again' ... more
- Re: Been there yome, Sat Jun 23 10:55pm
- Good then Israel does nor need our help money ChristopherBlackwell, Sun Jun 24 2:58pmyome, Because all thy have to do is call out and God will come and help them. So we can take back our aid and israel will do just fine. Or if it does not do fine then this Israel was not the one... more
- Thanks for your opinion greenman, Sun Jun 24 2:41pmIt wasn't right for me. Humans make their own beliefs and follow them, or don't. We can convince ourselves of practically anything, but certain proof of a God in charge of anything continues to be... more
- Re: Been there yome, Sat Jun 23 10:57pmfell not feel,,,
- God/dess ispart of me and I am part of them ChristopherBlackwell, Sat Jun 23 12:32pmyome, Your idea that anyone can ever not be part of God is strange to me, or that anyone can ever be cut off from God. Believe what you want.
- God is us.. Tinfoil, Sat Jun 23 8:08amIt is not that we were created in God's image. We created God to suit our own image.
- Re: God is us.. yome, Sat Jun 23 11:28pmI'm sure thats right in some cases, people like to fit God in there own box, when all along it is us who conforms to our own little box. most of us wants to stay in our comfort zone. and I've noticed ... more
- Speaking of putting God in a box ChristopherBlackwell, Sun Jun 24 3:01pmyome, Each religion does just that put God/dess into their own special box claiming that their version is the correct one, even as you do.
- It's endorphins.. Tinfoil, Sun Jun 24 9:26amThe feeling of religious ecstacy you get is caused by endorphins. I believ there is a genetic connection in that many people who become hooked on religion are actually hooked on endorphins... more
- Amen! greenman, Sat Jun 23 6:53pmAnd as we are many people, there are many Gods in many images. Hey, if they work for you and make your and other peoples' lives better, fine. But too often it does just the opposite.
- to me .. scott, Sat Jun 23 7:28amin the end .. God conquers all .. my heart, mind, and spirit. Thus having that conflict done with in this life has opened up the doors for the next... Jesus work was more than important .. it was a... more
Religion and Ethics BBS