yomeRe: God is us..Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:28pm184.108.40.206I'm sure thats right in some cases, people like to fit God in there own box, when all along it is us who conforms to our own little box. most of us wants to stay in our comfort zone. and I've noticed it gets worst as i get older.
but none of that explains the presence of Christ i feel in my life. feelings of peace assurance and pure love that this human never even knew existed. and glory unimaginable.
I've felt the presence of God hit me so strong in church that i could hardly stand, and it was 100s of times better than I've ever felt before. if a person seeks Christ he will find him.
- God is us.. Tinfoil, Sat Jun 23 8:08amIt is not that we were created in God's image. We created God to suit our own image.
- Re: God is us.. yome, Sat Jun 23 11:28pm
- Speaking of putting God in a box ChristopherBlackwell, Sun Jun 24 3:01pmyome, Each religion does just that put God/dess into their own special box claiming that their version is the correct one, even as you do.
- It's endorphins.. Tinfoil, Sun Jun 24 9:26amThe feeling of religious ecstacy you get is caused by endorphins. I believ there is a genetic connection in that many people who become hooked on religion are actually hooked on endorphins... more
- Amen! greenman, Sat Jun 23 6:53pmAnd as we are many people, there are many Gods in many images. Hey, if they work for you and make your and other peoples' lives better, fine. But too often it does just the opposite.
Religion and Ethics BBS