AnonymousRomney,the Stealth candidateMon Jun 25, 2012 6:49pm184.108.40.206Truthteller,
This late in the campaign and he s still avoiding telling what he will support and what he won't support.
Now we do know that he made a great deal of money working on getting companies to shift their work over seas, and he has he loves firing workers.
So why would any working person vote for a man who is interested in making Americans unemployed. The rich have gotten most of what they have wanted for the last ten years and we have a weak economy and high unemployment. Remember the excuse for lowing their taxes was to get the economy to rebound and to put Americans back to work. It did not work under the Bush administration and it has not worked under the Obama administration. It is time to drastically change policy because lowering taxes for the rich only harms America. It is time to once again tax foreign made goods,regardless for what company it is made for. Companies using American workers should get tax breaks,companies that don't should get no tax breaks at all because they are hurting our economy.
- I found another "Project" for Obama ... Mondo Fuego™ , Mon Jun 25 10:24am... to piss away billion$ of taxpayer $. Fortunately, he will not be in office long enough to get started: http://www.3ds.com/icedream/documentary/
- This was tried years ago. David F Mayer, Mon Jun 25 7:13pmIt turns out that there is no ship (or group of ships) large enough and powerful enough and cheap enough to move an iceberg worth moving: 100 million tonnes or more. Smaller ones melt before they get ... more
- That's my point ... Mondo Fuego™ , Tue Jun 26 1:31pm... Obama is funding stuff that was tried decades ago: windmills solar energy electric cars What's the definition of insanity? Trying the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.
- Some comments. David F Mayer, Tue Jun 26 4:56pmWind turbines ARE economical at some places when proper design and construction methods are followed. Alas, this seldom happens when governments are footing the bill. Similarly, photovoltaic cells... more
- Oddly enough ... perhaps the only technology ... Mondo Fuego™ , Tue Jun 26 5:37pm... which has advanced in 50 years is computer hardware and software, upon which tablet and smartphone capability and the movement of information rests. Boeing 707s flew faster in the 1960s than the... more
- Brakes and Crash Protection Have Improved Greatly, David F Mayer, Wed Jun 27 5:04amalong with fuel economy. In the 1960s, cars got 15-20 mpg, now mine gets 45 mpg. David F Mayer
- The average fuel economy today ... Mondo Fuego™ , Wed Jun 27 2:05pm... is nowhere 45 MPG. We have millions of single-occupant SUVs getting 10-12 MPG. I don't recall brake problems with any of my 1960 cars. Of course, I drive defensively and do not tailgate ... I am... more
- I don't say AVERAGE. David F Mayer, Wed Jun 27 3:43pmMy car is much better than average. But even AVERAGE economy, for SIMILAR-SIZED CARS, has gone way up. Sure, SUVs are trucks, and get truck mileage values. But a six passenger car today gets MUCH... more
- Would like to see ... Anonymous, Wed Jun 27 5:35pm... actual statistics on the same models, e.g., full-sized Chevy sedan full-sized Ford sedan etc.
- Never go to a Ford dealer to learn about Chevy ChristopherBlackwell, Mon Jun 25 6:37pmMondo Fuego™, So why should I listen to a Republican about Democrats? Now remember I don't believe everything that Democrats tell me abut Democrats, but I believe nothing that Republicans tell me... more
- You wish to vote against Gateway, Mon Jun 25 3:39pmObama but you have absolutely nothing of any value to replace him with. If you are thinking of Romney, this has to be the worst possible replacement. Nobody knows what he stands for except he is... more
- You already have Obama ... Mondo Fuego™ , Tue Jun 26 1:35pm... and he hasn't done jack shi t ... well, except wreck the economy and pile up horrendous national debt ... and you want more of that? Name one single waay that you are better off under Obama's... more
- You mean Repubs should not get their fair et, Tue Jun 26 2:42amtime share with their own personal 'Obama'?
- Well et, you have keep in mind Gateway, Tue Jun 26 8:42amthat the concept of change is that things will get better. IMO, Romney does not represent that change. Rather, he seems to embrace the way things were under Bush and more importantly, he has accepted ... more
- "The US Government will pay the piper"? Mondo Fuego™ , Tue Jun 26 2:38pmWith what? More debt on the backs of our future generations? What you are saying is that Obama does not have an energy plan ... in fact, Obama does not have any plan. He is a Hollywood Rock Star.
- Your taking my post Gateway, Tue Jun 26 8:40pmout of context, end of thread.
- Don't you mean "You're taking my post ..." Mondo Fuego™ , Wed Jun 27 2:09pm... please learn English and the difference between a possessive pronoun ("your") and a contraction of "you are". Thank you.
- I have to say greenman, Mon Jun 25 5:15pm...that's a damn good post. Agree completely.
- Oh Great Mother.... Truthteller, Mon Jun 25 4:25pmPleasepleasePLEASE don't let Romney get elected! (just putting in my $.02). ;)
- Romney,the Stealth candidate Anonymous, Mon Jun 25 6:49pm
- As 'flexible' as Obama can be greenman, Tue Jun 26 4:40pm...he looks like a tower of strength and stern solidity compared with Floppy Romney. The latter will literally take ANY position he thinks is necessary in order to obtain power. THAT kind should... more
- That's better than telling ... Mondo Fuego™ , Tue Jun 26 2:42pm... a bunch of lies like Obama did in 2008. And, just what the hell do you think "Hope and Change" means? That says nothing about what will actually be done. You Obama-ites had better "Hope" you... more
- Those who will vote for him... Truthteller, Tue Jun 26 7:52amare primarily going to be those who: A. Simply vote the party line regardless of the abilities or position of the candidate; B. Are disenchanted with Obama and would vote for Mickey Mouse simply... more
- mine above ChristopherBlackwell, Mon Jun 25 6:50pmRomney,the Stealth candidate,is mine
- DFM says: Pure water is absurdly easy to produce cheaply. Ken C, Mon Jun 25 11:57amDavid F Mayer Pure water is absurdly easy to produce cheaply. Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:56pm 220.127.116.11 At least in the tropical oceans. For details, see http://www.seasolarpower.com/ David F Mayer
- Link: Ken C, Mon Jun 25 12:00pmhttp://www.seasolarpower.com/benefits.html
Religion and Ethics BBS