ChristoherBlackwellIt depends on if it is true.Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:05pm126.96.36.199shadow,
The problem is God is not talking and hasn't talked for a very long time,if he ever talked to humans. So all we have is what humans have said about god. I am far more amazed at your faith that any humans could understand God and get his message right.
So you are following what humans claim about god. I would think I would take anything that humans claim about god with a very large grain of salt.This is why I will never make any claims about my goddess and god.I only know the stories and I have no way of knowing if the stories are accurate.
Again I don't believe we can separate ourselves from God in any real way,asI believe we are like the rest of creation made out of the deity in part. Now this fear of separation may have been useful to getting priests a lot of power that they would not otherwise have had.But thenI always suspect those who claim to know god better than anyone else It is a wild claim and again no way for it to be proven.
- God is truly a universal God. shadow, Tue Jun 26 12:49pmAnd what He ordains is for all humanity. Christ, his son, likewise died for all humanity. Any human efforts to change that reality puts great distance between God and those who refuse His truth.
- It depends on if it is true. ChristoherBlackwell, Wed Jun 27 8:05pm
- ...and the hypnotized victim rants again (nm) Clawson, Wed Jun 27 9:41am
- "Reality?" Truthteller, Tue Jun 26 12:52pmGot any proof of that (that doesn't involve a man-made book?)
- Moreover... Clawson, Wed Jun 27 9:43am...it is a "hear say" book with many divergent authors.
- ...over many years... Truthteller, Wed Jun 27 10:54amand ultimately was subjected to the ultimate cut-and-paste by a bunch of MEN who alone decided what to leave in and what to take out. Some things haven't changed--just ask any publisher! LOL
Religion and Ethics BBS