SproutIt should definitely help in seeking thoseThu Jul 5, 2012 10:07am22.214.171.124higher paying jobs...
When her fellow graduates can only list their education on their resume, she will be able to list that she has the same education level, but also has a number of years of real world practical experience in the field. Huge.
- She will be better off ... Mondo Fuego™ , Thu Jul 5 9:42am... working a few years as a Nurse, then going back to school to get the Nurse Practitioner degree. Just my opinion, of course.
- That's her plan. SES, Thu Jul 5 10:49amShe said she'll work as an RN for a couple of years, and THEN get her Nurse Practitioner. BUT...I've heard of people who INTENDED on doing that, but then got involved in marriage and kids and a house ... more
- 10 years ... Mondo Fuego™ , Thu Jul 5 1:30pm... is not that long to wait. I know people who got their NP degree in their 50s and 60s.
- I think the challenge is that, I have to suspect the longer Sprout, Mon Jul 9 1:03pmone waits the ODDS of going back for it probably drop pretty significantly... I think someone who has a good strong PLAN, and a SCHEDULE, will probably be fine... But I think figuring on going back... more
- It should definitely help in seeking those Sprout, Thu Jul 5 10:07am
- Which is it? Clawson, Thu Jul 5 3:06pmIn one statement you said money was not important.
- You don't read very well do you. (nm) Sprout, Fri Jul 6 5:47am
- In a previous post in this thread you wrote... Clawson, Fri Jul 6 12:03pm"I have never heard anyone say that the reason we are facing a shortage of doctors is that being a doctor doesn't pay enough in the US."
Religion and Ethics BBS