Do you have any evidence of such a thing?Thu Jul 5, 2012 12:56pm126.96.36.199I already did some searching, I can't find any Blacks Only churches.
It looks like black churches started as a result of discrimination by whites, and now those churches allow all races.
- And a Blacks Only Caucus in DC. (nm) SES, Thu Jul 5 12:47pm
- If they were Repubs, they'd be OK greenman, Thu Jul 5 4:45pmDon't lie and try to pretend otherwise, either. We all remember Unca Clarence and the 'black seat' on the Supreme Court.
- Do you have any evidence of such a thing? Ken C, Thu Jul 5 12:56pm
- Huh? Do a search on "Black Caucus", I guess. SES, Thu Jul 5 1:17pmYou've never heard of the Congressional Black Caucus?
- Oh, I thought we were talking about churches. Ken C, Thu Jul 5 5:10pmThe original post was about a church. I see there is a Black Caucus. They are politically nonpartisan, but they try to "advance the global black community". http://www.cbcfinc.org/aboutus.html
- OK.... So, it's not OK to have a one race only church... Sprout, Fri Jul 6 9:05amBut it's OK to have a one race only political organization?
- Cough-cough greenman, Sat Jul 7 6:23pmAll the straw in the room is making it hard to breathe.
- I wasn't saying if I thought it was okay or not. Ken C, Fri Jul 6 9:50amI may have disagreed with SES about one thing, then agreed with another point. Sometimes I post to people without saying whether or not I agree with them. I think discrimination by the government is... more
- Black Caucus is an all-black organization. Ken C, Thu Jul 5 5:17pmhttp://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2006/sep/8/20060908-123054-1413r/ It is “critical” that the Congressional Black Caucus remain an all-black organization, one of the CBC’s founders has said in a... more
- And a Blacks Only Business Association. (nm) SES, Thu Jul 5 12:48pm
Religion and Ethics BBS