greenmanIt's so tiresomeThu Jul 5, 2012 4:45pm126.96.36.199...to continue to see, at this point in our history, white people who are STILL unaware of 300 years of slavery and racism.
I mean, f--k, man...
- Yet a Black Southern Baptist conference is OK? (nm) Sprout, Thu Jul 5 12:43pm
- the Black Southern Baptist Heathen57, Thu Jul 5 11:06pmconference never allowed, endorsed, or called for the lynching and harassment and destruction of the white man. The KKK has been convicted of all those things and more. Matter of fact, none of the... more
- So what? the group you are opposing isn't the KKK? (nm) Sprout, Fri Jul 6 8:34am
- Blues brothers in a black church: Ken C, Thu Jul 5 10:09pmI think black churches have mostly black people, but allow other races too. Like this, but without all the dancing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZVhzVTBDvA&feature=related
- I think it's okay if it's not "blacks only". Ken C, Thu Jul 5 12:57pmSee my reply and all the links I posted to SES below.
- How about the National Association for the Advancement of Sprout, Thu Jul 5 12:59pmColored People... Try creating a National Association for the Advancement of White People, and see if folks think that is equally acceptable.
- Thanks for the example. Ken C, Thu Jul 5 10:05pmTrying to advance one race might not be as bad as disallowing a race like in the original post. A National Association for the Advancement of White People might not be as bad as the KKK is.
- The NAAWP would be potrayed as being Sprout, Fri Jul 6 5:46amIDENTICAL to the KKK by the same folks who currently protect the NAACP.
- There is certainly a point in time at which PureStevil, Thu Jul 5 1:08pmgroups like this do more to keep racism alive then to mitigate damage from the past. Are we there yet? I'm not certain. But it's not far off if it isn't already here.
- doh. "Than", not "then" (nm) PureStevil, Thu Jul 5 1:09pm
- And a Blacks Only Caucus in DC. (nm) SES, Thu Jul 5 12:47pm
- If they were Repubs, they'd be OK greenman, Thu Jul 5 4:45pmDon't lie and try to pretend otherwise, either. We all remember Unca Clarence and the 'black seat' on the Supreme Court.
- Do you have any evidence of such a thing? Ken C, Thu Jul 5 12:56pmI already did some searching, I can't find any Blacks Only churches. It looks like black churches started as a result of discrimination by whites, and now those churches allow all races.... more
- Huh? Do a search on "Black Caucus", I guess. SES, Thu Jul 5 1:17pmYou've never heard of the Congressional Black Caucus?
- Oh, I thought we were talking about churches. Ken C, Thu Jul 5 5:10pmThe original post was about a church. I see there is a Black Caucus. They are politically nonpartisan, but they try to "advance the global black community". http://www.cbcfinc.org/aboutus.html
- OK.... So, it's not OK to have a one race only church... Sprout, Fri Jul 6 9:05amBut it's OK to have a one race only political organization?
- Cough-cough greenman, Sat Jul 7 6:23pmAll the straw in the room is making it hard to breathe.
- I wasn't saying if I thought it was okay or not. Ken C, Fri Jul 6 9:50amI may have disagreed with SES about one thing, then agreed with another point. Sometimes I post to people without saying whether or not I agree with them. I think discrimination by the government is... more
- Black Caucus is an all-black organization. Ken C, Thu Jul 5 5:17pmhttp://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2006/sep/8/20060908-123054-1413r/ It is “critical” that the Congressional Black Caucus remain an all-black organization, one of the CBC’s founders has said in a... more
- And a Blacks Only Business Association. (nm) SES, Thu Jul 5 12:48pm
Religion and Ethics BBS