greenmanSad, but true (nm)Thu Jul 5, 2012 4:47pm220.127.116.11.
- I have never heard anyone say that the Sprout, Thu Jul 5 5:46amreason we are facing a shortage of doctors is that being a doctor doesn't pay enough in the US. I think that the ultimate problem is that there are relatively few indivdiuals in society who are... more
- Sad, but true (nm) greenman, Thu Jul 5 4:47pm
- An insider's view History, Thu Jul 5 11:11amYes. That's pretty much it. Most decisions sane people make are determined by the benefit-cost ration. The benefit from one's choice need at least be equal to the cost one pays, and preferentially... more
- Pharmacist becomes doctor ChristopherBlackwell, Thu Jul 5 7:39pmWhen K-Mart came to town they bought out a local pharmacist. He went back to medical school and became an MD. When Walmart came to town they could not find a Pharmacist that could run a pharmacy, so... more
- Salaried government employees don't worry about liability Clawson, Thu Jul 5 3:04pm...and reimbursement. The answer is simple. Government paid tuition grants and government paid jobs for doctors. Any doctor following the traditional route is OK, too, but that route doesn't have... more
- Been there, done that. History, Thu Jul 5 7:35pmI was a military physician for my first four years. And I have no regrets at all in doing so in return for a scholarship that covered the cost of medical school. However, I learned this system of... more
- I agree. SES, Thu Jul 5 5:55amI have never heard the following statement made: "I'd become a Doctor, but they just don't make enough money". lol My Daughter just graduated from Nursing School. It was four years of HARD work. I... more
- She will be better off ... Mondo Fuego™ , Thu Jul 5 9:42am... working a few years as a Nurse, then going back to school to get the Nurse Practitioner degree. Just my opinion, of course.
- That's her plan. SES, Thu Jul 5 10:49amShe said she'll work as an RN for a couple of years, and THEN get her Nurse Practitioner. BUT...I've heard of people who INTENDED on doing that, but then got involved in marriage and kids and a house ... more
- 10 years ... Mondo Fuego™ , Thu Jul 5 1:30pm... is not that long to wait. I know people who got their NP degree in their 50s and 60s.
- I think the challenge is that, I have to suspect the longer Sprout, Mon Jul 9 1:03pmone waits the ODDS of going back for it probably drop pretty significantly... I think someone who has a good strong PLAN, and a SCHEDULE, will probably be fine... But I think figuring on going back... more
- It should definitely help in seeking those Sprout, Thu Jul 5 10:07amhigher paying jobs... When her fellow graduates can only list their education on their resume, she will be able to list that she has the same education level, but also has a number of years of real... more
- Which is it? Clawson, Thu Jul 5 3:06pmIn one statement you said money was not important.
- You don't read very well do you. (nm) Sprout, Fri Jul 6 5:47am
- In a previous post in this thread you wrote... Clawson, Fri Jul 6 12:03pm"I have never heard anyone say that the reason we are facing a shortage of doctors is that being a doctor doesn't pay enough in the US."
Religion and Ethics BBS