Black Caucus is an all-black organization.Thu Jul 5, 2012 5:17pm18.104.22.168http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2006/sep/8/20060908-123054-1413r/
It is “critical” that the Congressional Black Caucus remain an all-black organization, one of the CBC’s founders has said in a strategy memo.
“The CBC welcomes support from others in the House and Senate, especially those with liberal credentials, but it is critical that its membership remain exclusively African American,” retired Rep. William Lacy Clay Sr. wrote earlier this year to the CBC.
Mr. Clay’s letter — distributed by his son, Rep. William Lacy Clay Jr., Missouri Democrat — prompted a CBC meeting before the August recess.
“The members have discussed it, and we supported the tradition that only African-Americans have been full members of the CBC, but as always we will work with anyone as our coalition partners and some have become honorary members,” said Rep. Carolyn Cheeks Kilpatrick, Michigan Democrat, who has been all but confirmed as the caucus’ chairman for the 110th Congress.
- Oh, I thought we were talking about churches. Ken C, Thu Jul 5 5:10pmThe original post was about a church. I see there is a Black Caucus. They are politically nonpartisan, but they try to "advance the global black community". http://www.cbcfinc.org/aboutus.html
- OK.... So, it's not OK to have a one race only church... Sprout, Fri Jul 6 9:05amBut it's OK to have a one race only political organization?
- Cough-cough greenman, Sat Jul 7 6:23pmAll the straw in the room is making it hard to breathe.
- I wasn't saying if I thought it was okay or not. Ken C, Fri Jul 6 9:50amI may have disagreed with SES about one thing, then agreed with another point. Sometimes I post to people without saying whether or not I agree with them. I think discrimination by the government is... more
- Black Caucus is an all-black organization. Ken C, Thu Jul 5 5:17pm
Religion and Ethics BBS