TruthtellerI wouldn't bet a penny...Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:42pm220.127.116.11that they will really do this. Tourism is a major source of income for Egypt and it would suffer greatly if there were no pyramids to visit.
- Destroying the Pyramids... Sprout, Tue Jul 10 1:16pmWhile I consider it SOMEWHAT unlikely, there aparently has been some calling in Egypt for the destruction of the 'symbols of paganism' that the pre-Islamic relics represent. Not unlike the current... more
- Is that just another hypothetical to have ago at the Muslim? Διός , Thu Jul 12 12:01amI think it is, but what are you talking about, the pyramids have been plundered for millenniums the inner booties were the first to go by the real raiders. The outer skins were next. The majority of... more
- If there's anything greenman, Wed Jul 11 5:02pm...that could bring me to call for a nuclear airburst over Mecca, that might be it. Religious fanatics, whatever their faith, are a threat to mankind. Fanaticism needs to be suppressed.
- Or a neutron bomb? Truthteller, Wed Jul 11 6:56pmI'd consider this before I see them actually destroy the pyramids, which I consider sacred: Neutron Bomb Plan against Terrorist States Sam Cohen has struggled against politicians who, in his opinion, ... more
- I was kinda joking greenman, Thu Jul 12 5:42pm...nuclear weapons horrify me. Admittedly, the neutron bomb would eliminate worthless humans, but as to collateral damage, I'd have to believe there'd be a lot wherever you fired one off.
- While a neutron bomb has "less" blast damange Sprout, Fri Jul 13 7:00amit's all relative. A neutron bomb still has mutiple kilotons worth of blast effect... Not the megaton range of big fusion bombs, but still blast effects on the same scale as Hiroshima.
- Rats! Well that leaves only one thing... Truthteller, Sun Jul 15 12:59pmbiological warfare. ;) Just kiddin' of course.
- Good point, of course greenman, Fri Jul 13 6:08pmIt's a nuclear bomb, not a cherry bomb. There would be massive destruction.
- In that UNLIKELY event, we can laugh as they David F Mayer, Wed Jul 11 4:10amkill their tourist trade. Not a $mart move. David F Mayer
- Somewhat sad laughter though because Sprout, Wed Jul 11 7:11amwithout that money it becomes only a matter of time before the rest of the world ends up having to feed the people that tourism would otherwise have fed.
- Considering past actions ChristopherBlackwell, Tue Jul 10 6:31pmSprout, Look at the past Remember when the Chinese were destroying anything that was before Communism. What did we do about it. Nothing. When it started happening in Afghanistan? Again nothing.So if... more
- There is something of a difference of scale though... Sprout, Wed Jul 11 7:10amIMO the only thing China has that matches the scale of the Pyramids is the Great Wall... the tombs and history destoryed in Afghanistan, Mali, Sudan, etc... are all on a FAR smaller scale and far... more
- Re: Destroying the Pyramids... et, Tue Jul 10 5:25pmHelp provide them with the C4? What they trying to hide? How bad peasants must had had it in that day?
- We can't stop all the bad stuff in all the countries. Ken C, Tue Jul 10 4:06pmWe've already invaded too many countries, so I don't think we should send the military over there to stop them. Offering to pay them to not destroy the pyramids would be similar to paying terrorists. ... more
- Remember I'm not talking just about the US... Sprout, Wed Jul 11 5:30amI'm talking about the world..
- I wouldn't bet a penny... Truthteller, Tue Jul 10 3:42pm
- difficult Trish, Tue Jul 10 1:21pmSovereignty of a land is something that humans have struggled over for years. To loose such great treasures IMO equals the loss of the Library at Alexandria (well, not quite as big but you... more
Religion and Ethics BBS