TinfoilOh a lake. That sounds SOO good.Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:25am188.8.131.52 (XFF: 10.32.16.38)I live on the shore of a lake. A damn DRY lake. Searles Dry Lake in the middle of the desert. The lake once had 600' of water in it. Today's temp here will be 126F. Oh how nice it would be to throw myself into the waters of a cool lake!
- We have an even bigger problem Truthteller, Wed Jul 11 10:16amI live in a lake town and you should see all the garbage left behind by visitors, especially after holiday weekends. The city even supplies trash bags. It is still being argued as to who is... more
- We say a lot of that when we camped years ago on a lake. Διός, Wed Jul 11 11:21pmWe use to go there for the kids and for the water skying as a camping spot it was ideal for that and never very busy. But what we saw was that it was the local louts that use to come after work to... more
- I agree B, Wed Jul 11 3:49pmI think that inmates should be forced to do community work, but since it's against the law maybe they should offer some kind of incentive to inmates for work done like a day off your sentence for... more
- Oh a lake. That sounds SOO good. Tinfoil, Wed Jul 11 10:25am
- We have a problem this year... Truthteller, Wed Jul 11 10:46amthe shores are contaminated with "swimmer's itch," which is actually a parasite that bores into the skin. Ugh! I'm sticking with my backyard pool. It's just big enough for me to float around on my... more
- I live in a 4th floor apartment overlooking a small lake. SES, Wed Jul 11 11:25amFrom way up on the 4th floor, from my deck, the lake looks very nice, pristine, green grass, geese and little duckies paddling around, even a couple of white swans. If I go down to ground level?... more
- That's about how it is here Truthteller, Wed Jul 11 11:30amwhen my kids were younger I would take them down to the beach and while the water was REALLY warm, there would be big globs of algae floating around. The further you went out in the water, there... more
- Shoot the ducks. PureStevil, Wed Jul 11 10:59amThe ducks (cute as they are) are often carriers of the parasite and they poop it into your lake.
- Interesting! Truthteller, Wed Jul 11 11:01amthey didn't mention THAT in the newspaper. Makes sense though.
- Maybe net them and feed them up first... Sprout, Wed Jul 11 12:14pmDuck is pretty good eating... I read an article that made me chuckle about a town somewhere complaining about a wild turkey problem... Aparently they have so many wild turkeys around that they have... more
- Duck a l'Orange PureStevil, Thu Jul 12 5:11amhttp://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Duck-a-lOrange-233535 Heh, I used to see a group of wild turkeys on my old bike commute. Some days they looked pretty tasty.
Religion and Ethics BBS