TruthtellerOr a neutron bomb?Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:56pm184.108.40.206I'd consider this before I see them actually destroy the pyramids, which I consider sacred:
Neutron Bomb Plan against Terrorist States
Sam Cohen has struggled against politicians who, in his opinion, have sacrificed good sense when it comes to the nation's defenses. Cohen is the physicist who invented the neutron bomb, the one that kills people but leaves things like tanks and buildings intact
Cohen's neutron bomb would use nuclear fusion, but in a different way. The detonation of a neutron bomb would still produce an explosion, but one much smaller than a standard nuclear weapon's. The main effect of a neutron bomb would be the release of high-energy neutrons that would take lives far beyond the blast area. The result: fewer buildings, cars, tanks, roads, highways and other structures destroyed.
And unlike standard nuclear bombs that leave long-term contamination of the soil and infrastructure, the neutron radiation quickly dissipates after the explosion.
For Cohen, the neutron bomb is the ultimate sane weapon. It kills humans, or as he puts it "the bad guys," but doesn't produce tremendous collateral damage on civilian populations and the infrastructure a civilian population needs to survive.
- If there's anything greenman, Wed Jul 11 5:02pm...that could bring me to call for a nuclear airburst over Mecca, that might be it. Religious fanatics, whatever their faith, are a threat to mankind. Fanaticism needs to be suppressed.
- Or a neutron bomb? Truthteller, Wed Jul 11 6:56pm
- I was kinda joking greenman, Thu Jul 12 5:42pm...nuclear weapons horrify me. Admittedly, the neutron bomb would eliminate worthless humans, but as to collateral damage, I'd have to believe there'd be a lot wherever you fired one off.
- While a neutron bomb has "less" blast damange Sprout, Fri Jul 13 7:00amit's all relative. A neutron bomb still has mutiple kilotons worth of blast effect... Not the megaton range of big fusion bombs, but still blast effects on the same scale as Hiroshima.
- Rats! Well that leaves only one thing... Truthteller, Sun Jul 15 12:59pmbiological warfare. ;) Just kiddin' of course.
- Good point, of course greenman, Fri Jul 13 6:08pmIt's a nuclear bomb, not a cherry bomb. There would be massive destruction.
Religion and Ethics BBS