ChristopherBlackwellPerhaps good bye to the pyramidsThu Jul 12, 2012 9:29am126.96.36.199
Calls to Destroy Egypt's Great Pyramids Begin
by Raymond Ibrahim
July 10, 2012
According to several reports in the Arabic media, prominent Muslim clerics have begun to call for the demolition of Egypt's Great Pyramids—or, in the words of Saudi Sheikh Ali bin Said al-Rabi'i, those "symbols of paganism," which Egypt's Salafi party has long planned to cover with wax. Most recently, Bahrain's "Sheikh of Sunni Sheikhs" and President of National Unity, Abd al-Latif al-Mahmoud, called on Egypt's new president, Muhammad Morsi, to "destroy the Pyramids and accomplish what Amr bin al-As could not."
Has the sun finally set for Egypt's Great Pyramids?
This is a reference to the Muslim Prophet Muhammad's companion, Amr bin al-As and his Arabian tribesmen, who invaded and conquered Egypt circa 641. Under al-As and subsequent Muslim rule, many Egyptian antiquities were destroyed as relics of infidelity. While most Western academics argue otherwise, according to early Muslim writers, the great Library of Alexandria itself—deemed a repository of pagan knowledge contradicting the Koran—was destroyed under bin al-As's reign and in compliance with Caliph Omar's command.
- Hey you bigoted old man, don’t you start!! Διός , Thu Jul 12 10:20pmGrin that will keep Sprout happy and how are you old timer? Now lets get to it, the pyramids have been under destruction from well before Muhammad was a glint in his father’s sex organ and we all... more
- Aw, heck. OldCM, Thu Jul 12 11:37amI've been hoping that someday they would dig under the Sphinx and find an alien spaceship. If they blow it up they probably never will dig there.
- This article says that's a Hoax: Ken C, Thu Jul 12 9:59amAlthough some of it may be exaggerations partly based on truth. http://www.rt.com/news/egypt-destroy-pyramids-islamists-007/ Holy hoax: Radical Islamists call on Egypt to destroy pyramids Published:... more
- I am glad to hear that Truthteller, Thu Jul 12 12:03pmbut give the fanatical climate of the Middle East these days, it wasn't beyond the realm of possibility.
- Aparently you are part of the crusade against Muslims :) Sprout, Thu Jul 12 9:32amI mentioned this in a thread a little further down the page and was told by Zeus that I am probably due a medal from the US gov't for creating such a story... Aparently unknown to Zeus, the article... more
- Well at least that is a different charge ChristopherBlackwell, Thu Jul 12 10:38amSprout, I have to admit few people have ever accused me of being In fact I am usually accused of being the opposite being to for giving of the Muslim. I rather hope that the story is untrue, however... more
Religion and Ethics BBS