This article says that's a Hoax:Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:59am188.8.131.52Although some of it may be exaggerations partly based on truth.
Holy hoax: Radical Islamists call on Egypt to destroy pyramids
Published: 12 July, 2012, 13:55
Edited: 12 July, 2012, 17:02
Calls from a Bahraini Sunni cleric to destroy Egyptís Great Pyramids have been revealed as a hoax. The demands were made from a Twitter account which claimed to be owned by Bahrainís President of National Unity, Abd al-Latif al-Mahmoud.
In the post, a person masquerading as al-Mahmoud labeled the pyramids ďidolatrousĒ and asked Egyptís new president to destroy them, as Egypt's Daily News reports.
Several conservative websites used the news to raise alarm over the rise of Egyptís Islamist government.
- Perhaps good bye to the pyramids ChristopherBlackwell, Thu Jul 12 9:29amCalls to Destroy Egypt's Great Pyramids Begin by Raymond Ibrahim FrontPage Magazine July 10, 2012 According to several reports in the Arabic media, prominent Muslim clerics have begun to call for the ... more
- Aw, heck. OldCM, Thu Jul 12 11:37amI've been hoping that someday they would dig under the Sphinx and find an alien spaceship. If they blow it up they probably never will dig there.
- This article says that's a Hoax: Ken C, Thu Jul 12 9:59am
- I am glad to hear that Truthteller, Thu Jul 12 12:03pmbut give the fanatical climate of the Middle East these days, it wasn't beyond the realm of possibility.
- Aparently you are part of the crusade against Muslims :) Sprout, Thu Jul 12 9:32amI mentioned this in a thread a little further down the page and was told by Zeus that I am probably due a medal from the US gov't for creating such a story... Aparently unknown to Zeus, the article... more
- Well at least that is a different charge ChristopherBlackwell, Thu Jul 12 10:38amSprout, I have to admit few people have ever accused me of being In fact I am usually accused of being the opposite being to for giving of the Muslim. I rather hope that the story is untrue, however... more
Religion and Ethics BBS