greenmanI'll admit I kinda like 'Pawn Stars'Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:40pm22.214.171.124...mostly because of the old man, and the crazy shit people bring in. OVer and over I ask, 'WHY would you take that to a PAWN SHOP?'
Anybody ever hear of E-bay, auctions, etc? :)
- I am fond of... Truthteller, Wed Jul 11 6:50pm"Swamp People." Now THOSE folks really work for their living! I believe tomorrow is the season ender. I'm also a big fan of "Pawn Stars" and have actually been to their pawn shop in Vegas and met 3... more
- I'll admit I kinda like 'Pawn Stars' greenman, Thu Jul 12 5:40pm
- Sometimes I do too Truthteller, Fri Jul 13 9:26ambut, as Rick often points out, auctions are expensive and you really can't get what something is worth on Ebay. And Pawn Stars often gives fair prices on some items.
- Never saw Swamp People. Gthestranger, Wed Jul 11 7:08pmThe guys from Pawn Stars seem the most ethical of the pawn shows. I've seen where they gave more than the person asked because they knew the item was worth more...but then that may have been for... more
- They mail notices... Truthteller, Thu Jul 12 9:50amof overdue payments. Of course, when you rent a unit, you sign a contract that gives them permission to seize the unit after so many missed payments. It's usually up to the storage company to... more
- Paris is wealthy Gthestranger, Thu Jul 12 3:38pmHow would you feel about making money on an average persons misfortune? I don't mean to put you on the spot but this is some the stuff I'm getting at. The last few years have been hard on a lot of... more
- I HAVE made money... Truthteller, Fri Jul 13 9:24amfrom stuff I've bought at storage auctions. It's not my problem if the owners of the units want to make money selling stuff belonging to people who won't pay their storage rental fee.
Religion and Ethics BBS