SESHas he not complied with all disclosure requirements?Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:30am126.96.36.199Ya know, hundreds of millions of people in this country take steps to "avoid paying U.S. taxes".
The whole "off-shore bank account" nonsense is just moronic mud-slinging to try and sway the vote of ignorant people who thinks there's ANYTHING illegal or insidious or unethical about it.
And...if the law says "you must disclose the following information" and someone has done that, why isn't that enough?
And also...btw...that holds true of ANY Candidate, whether Republican or Democrat.
- Your correct, there is nothing Gateway, Fri Jul 13 7:25amillegal about a Swiss or Cayman Island bank account. The problem arises when you earn income in other area's of the world and park money in foreign banks to avoid paying U.S. taxes. While it is legal ... more
- Has he not complied with all disclosure requirements? SES, Fri Jul 13 7:30am
- Apply that to your own side greenman, Sat Jul 14 8:15pmWhy wasn't information released by Obama EVER enough? Why not only pursue the idiotic 'birther' attacks, but keep it up all the way through his first term, even a year or more AFTER he released... more
- Strange you should Gateway, Fri Jul 13 7:46amsay that because it was Romney's father that expressed the need for multiple years of tax releases. His reasoning being that one year could be an anomaly. Now I understand, you, as a Republican... more
- So in other words, you have no idea. SES, Fri Jul 13 8:10amYou have no idea what the disclosure requirements are, and you have no idea whether or not Romney has complied with them. Well when you find out, let us know. In the meantime, you're just spouting... more
- LOL Gateway, Fri Jul 13 8:19amThe bullshitter trying to bullshit his way out of a lost argument. Good try.
- Argument? What argument? SES, Fri Jul 13 8:22amDo you or do you not know what the disclosure requirements are, and whether or not Romney and Obama have complied with them? Until you disclose THAT information, you're just spouting ignorance. So?... more
- And, in exactly the same way... SES, Fri Jul 13 8:27am...I think it was ignorant nonsense when people demanded of Obama that he "disclose" all kinds of things. Like his College Thesis. If the disclosure requirements don't include disclosing your College ... more
- You are making a specious Gateway, Fri Jul 13 8:45amargument. We understand that Romney has followed what is required by law. However, it is up to Romney to satisfy the publics growing concern about some of his past business dealings. Apparently, he... more
- Baloney. Or is it Bologna? lol SES, Fri Jul 13 9:01amSean Hannity (ugh!) thinks Obama should release his College Thesis. Obama's not required to. Therfore, Hannity should stfu about it already. Of course, people have the right to ask candidates for... more
- As I have said, Gateway, Fri Jul 13 9:16amthe decision is Romney's. Voting for a President is a very serious selection. The more information about all candidates helps us all in making a wise and educated choice. It gives us a chance to... more
- In my opinion... SES, Fri Jul 13 11:10am...informed and educated voters are sick and tired of all of this kind of "nyah nyah boo boo" garbage. "Why won't he release his tax returns?" "He's friends with WHO?" "Did he or didn't he know he... more
- Honestly, whether or not Gateway, Fri Jul 13 12:32pmRomney releases additional information is of no difference to me. I've made my decision on which candidate I will support. On the larger scale, I prefer he withhold all his tax returns. I know it... more
- In my opinion... SES, Fri Jul 13 12:39pm...the economy has been stagnant for this long EXACTLY because of the policies of Obama and his Administration and the Democrats in Congress. Romney and a Republican Congress will do better. In my... more
- Your opinion is wrong george, Fri Jul 13 6:32pmObama's administration has attempted to stimulate the economy (not enough, IMO) and that stimulus has helped bring us out of the recession. That's not even arguable. Romney will send us back INTo the ... more
- Honestly, most Independants Gateway, Fri Jul 13 12:52pmwill remember Mitch McConnell saying, my job is to make Obama a one term President and preceeded to set up one filibuster after another and obstruct programs to help jobs legislation. I get a kick... more
- And I like how Democrats complaing about "The Party of No".. SES, Fri Jul 13 1:17pm...when the Republican House has passed legislation and sent it to the Senate, where the DEMOCRATS have been "The party of No". As in "No, we won't even let the legislation come up for a vote". I get ... more
- GOP is the 'Party of NUTS' greenman, Fri Jul 13 6:53pmTrying to shut down the entire economy over a routine increase in the deficit ceiling, and getting our bond rating cut? That's NUTS. That's YOUR party, boy. NUTS.
- I hear that the President Gateway, Fri Jul 13 2:08pmwill be giving a speech somewhere in Virginia, I hope you have the opportunity to be there. Also, Romney is getting a lot of heat from Republicans to release more of his tax returns. He has also... more
Religion and Ethics BBS