Christopher BlackwellFear often leads to hatredFri Jul 20, 2012 6:32pm220.127.116.11Ken C,
This is why I find hard to understand those that claim we are to fear and love God. Fear and love do not go together, like fear and hate do.
I feared my father, I can assure you I could not consider loving him. The best thing he did for the family was dying. Nor could I respect him.
Now I have no fear at all for my goddess and my god. I do respect them.
- Is it okay to hate spiders? Ken C, Fri Jul 20 1:17amI hate spiders that come into my home. I don't hate spiders that are outside. I saw one on the ceiling a few minutes ago. I tried to catch it, but it fell to the floor and went behind some stuff. Now ... more
- It's ok to hate anything. Anonymous, Fri Jul 20 7:15pmBut it so seldom helps that's it's not worth the energy expended. I like spiders most of the time. In the house, I trap the big ones in a glass and free them outside. I generally leave the small ones ... more
- Hate Republicans instead greenman, Tue Jul 24 6:53pmSpiders are USEFUL, as you point out...:)
- Only had a problem with spiders once or twice Christopher Blackwell , Fri Jul 20 6:53pmKen C, One bit me and I never felt it, though the red lines crawling up my veins would cost me a trip to the emergency room on a weekend. The other was several hundred spider babies hatching over my... more
- I don't like 'em inside, either greenman, Fri Jul 20 5:18pmI tend to stick to the rule 'I won't bother you outside, you don't bother me INside.' I can't say I'm an arachnophobe, though, I think they're interesting if rather strange. I don't 'hate' them, I... more
- A big spider did a number on a family member Clawson, Fri Jul 20 5:01pmIt put him in the hospital emergency room for a day.
- Whoa hate speech. grin Διός, Fri Jul 20 8:04amThey recon that everybody swallows a few spiders in their sleep in a life time. Most spiders are most likely harmless to man but some are better left outside. One morning waking up my eye fell on a... more
- What's the difference between hate and fear? Ken C, Fri Jul 20 11:16amI thought I knew the difference, but sometimes I see people accused of "homophobia" when those people seem like they hate gays. Maybe fear and hatred overlap.
- Fear is the mother of hatred Truthteller, Sun Jul 22 5:19pmPeople fear what they don't understand and/or have been conditioned to fear. It is only when they seek more knowledge about what and why they fear that they can overcome it.
- Fear is often followed by unjustifiable hatred, but if your Διός, Fri Jul 20 7:09pmfear for spiders it is more a phobia and that isnít really based on reality. And to an extend that is true for hatred as well both seem to be more about the unknown than being justified by a... more
- Fear often leads to hatred Christopher Blackwell , Fri Jul 20 6:32pm
- I would say the two emotions are often linked, but Sprout, Fri Jul 20 11:50amare not necessarily guaranteed to be tied together every time... I think often people hate things they fear. I think fear can create hatred. But other things can create hatred as well. Ignorance,... more
- Arachnophobia is one of the most common specific phobias. Ken C, Fri Jul 20 11:12amhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arachnophobia They don't scare me as much as when I was younger, but I still start to sweat when I'm trying to kill one. We have black widow spiders here, so maybe I have ... more
- Black widows love boxes.. Tinfoil, Fri Jul 20 2:07pmThey especially like garages,woodpiles,etc. I've been bitten twice by black widows. Awful experiences. Like having a quart of gasoline injected into your veins. Big problem with air conditioners.... more
- Yes I have heard that they love to... HeavyHemi, Sun Jul 22 10:26pmput their husbands in them. :P
- Reminds me when I first moved to AZ Truthteller, Sun Jul 22 5:21pmI was in my bedroom on the phone when suddenly little flakey-like things started falling from the ceiling. Turned out it was a bunch of newly-hatched Black Widows. That was one of the worst nights of ... more
- I've only seen them outside so far. Ken C, Fri Jul 20 3:52pmI do have some cardboard boxes inside on my carpet. I think I should vacuum and clean up around them.
Religion and Ethics BBS