TruthtellerFear is the mother of hatredSun Jul 22, 2012 5:19pm188.8.131.52People fear what they don't understand and/or have been conditioned to fear. It is only when they seek more knowledge about what and why they fear that they can overcome it.
- What's the difference between hate and fear? Ken C, Fri Jul 20 11:16amI thought I knew the difference, but sometimes I see people accused of "homophobia" when those people seem like they hate gays. Maybe fear and hatred overlap.
- Fear is the mother of hatred Truthteller, Sun Jul 22 5:19pm
- Fear is often followed by unjustifiable hatred, but if your Διός, Fri Jul 20 7:09pmfear for spiders it is more a phobia and that isnít really based on reality. And to an extend that is true for hatred as well both seem to be more about the unknown than being justified by a... more
- Fear often leads to hatred Christopher Blackwell , Fri Jul 20 6:32pmKen C, This is why I find hard to understand those that claim we are to fear and love God. Fear and love do not go together, like fear and hate do. I feared my father, I can assure you I could not... more
- I would say the two emotions are often linked, but Sprout, Fri Jul 20 11:50amare not necessarily guaranteed to be tied together every time... I think often people hate things they fear. I think fear can create hatred. But other things can create hatred as well. Ignorance,... more
Religion and Ethics BBS