wonderingHow would you knowMon Jul 23, 2012 8:55am18.104.22.168
how "liberal" Aurora is?
Do only "liberal" people go to see Batman movies on the premiere night?
- Aurora is extremely liberal... Sprout, Mon Jul 23 5:40amNot many folks there willing to take responsiblity for their own personal security.
- What about foreign countries with nuclear weapons? Ken C, Tue Jul 24 12:14amIf you expect folks to take responsibility for their own personal security, then should foreign countries use that same reasoning to develop and test nuclear bombs?
- Personal security and national security are Sprout, Tue Jul 24 5:50amsomewhat different concepts.
- Yeah, we should ALL wear BALLISTIC helmets & armored sT, Mon Jul 23 10:36pmclothing (like holmes) & carry shotguns into movie theaters! DAMN, U NUTS ARE KRAZY!
- Nah.... I don't do that kind of thing at all... Sprout, Tue Jul 24 5:47amI simply take the reasonable precaution of carrying a legal, licensed handgun on my person at most time. And NOBODY suggests that we SHOULD all wear helmets, body armor and carry shotguns... in movie ... more
- Well what would your little pea shooter do against HIS FULL sT, Tue Jul 24 9:59ambody armor & shotgun? NUTS like U is why JERKS LIKE HIM ARE ABLE TO GET WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION SO EASILY!
- I'm liberal and I take responsiblity for my security. Ken C, Mon Jul 23 1:18pmI always wear a seatbelt in cars. I always wear helmet on bicycle rides. I've never been in any situation where a gun would have helped me. Why do some people spend so much time worrying about... more
- The examples you gave are taking responsibility for Sprout, Mon Jul 23 1:35pmyour SAFETY.... not your SECURITY. There is a difference. Most folks who carry firearms don't spend any more time "worrying" about theater shootings than you spend "worrying" about a kitchen fire.... more
- Okay, what about bike theft? Ken C, Mon Jul 23 2:39pmIs that a SECURITY issue? Bicycle theft happens a lot more often than mass murders in public places (like movie theaters.) If I was going to carry a gun, it would be for protection from bicycle... more
- But remember, what you originally mentioned Sprout, Tue Jul 24 5:45amwas wearing a helmet. And a helmet isn't generally useful in preventing theft.
- Yes locking your bike is a security issue... Sprout, Tue Jul 24 5:44amBut you would not be using a gun to prevent bike THEFT.... you would use a gun to prevent ROBBERY... The two terms are different. Theft would be the case where you walked away from the bike and... more
- How would you know wondering, Mon Jul 23 8:55am
- I have been there... and have family living in Sprout, Mon Jul 23 11:06amthat area.
- That's about wondering, Mon Jul 23 11:37amthe most idiotic thing I've heard you say yet. Just because you have "been there" and have family "living in the area" translates to Aurora being "extremely liberal" which translates to "not many... more
- If you aren't bright enough to grasp that Sprout, Mon Jul 23 11:43amfolks who have liberal leanings are significantly LESS likely to carry a firearm, and that some areas of our country have demographics that are far more liberal than others, I really can't help you.
- We liberals have a right to live in a society that doesN'T sT, Mon Jul 23 8:38pmMANDATE a NEED to wear ARMORED CLOTHING & carry HEAVY WEAPONS thanks to MORONS who think there should be NO GUN LAWS.
- So go live in one. (nm) Sprout, Tue Jul 24 5:42am
- I was born here & will fight YOUR IDIOCY until dead. sT, Tue Jul 24 10:01amMaybe some day some U love will be MURDERED senseLESSLY by some NUT CASE LIKE U, & U will change YOUR mind.
- You were born in a society in which Sprout, Wed Jul 25 10:16amthe indivdual retains the right to keep and bear arms. Now you want to change that...
- Simply put wondering, Mon Jul 23 11:55amYou have no idea of the political leanings of the people who were in that theater, nor in Aurora. Anyone with a brain would deduce that there were likely many people with conservative leanings who... more
- Demographics.... Study the concept. (nm) Sprout, Mon Jul 23 12:20pm
- Is that why... Truthteller, Mon Jul 23 7:26amthey are allowed to conceal-carry there? LOL Sounds like something you'd say.
- Some places are more liberal than others... Sprout, Mon Jul 23 8:25amAurora tends to be pretty liberal. But there is a HUGE difference in whether they "ALLOW" concealed carry and whether or not any significant percentage of the people IN that area CHOOSE to do so.... more
- I do not understand the Gateway, Mon Jul 23 9:14amcontext of your use of the words liberal and conservative as it applies to gun carrying. I think of myself as socially liberal, fiscally conservative and have never carried a gun. The only time in my ... more
- Politically, not necessarily socially... Sprout, Mon Jul 23 11:05amAs a general rule, POLITICAL liberals as represented by the Democrat party oppose private ownership of firearms and suggest that the solution to a threat is seeking assistance from law enforcement... more
Religion and Ethics BBS