Christopher BlackwellWhat I liked, with the messageFri Jul 27, 2012 6:19pm22.214.171.124I am not sure how much the sound problem is his film or on You Tube I have rarely heard anything that I liked as far s sound on YouTube.
I make some allowances for the fact that he is 17 years old, had two weeks to create this film from writing the screen play to final production,and had a budget of not much more than $30 and yes had amateur actors teenagers like himself.
Those were the limits that he had to deal. I have seen much bigger budget movies that were far worse.
But I am looking at a variety of talents that the had to have to create the movie, producer, director, special affects, prop man, music writer, musician, recorder, and film editor. Winning the Maine state student short film is going to open up professional training to him as well.Consider how professional training will up his abilities and getting a few years of experience under his belt.
I don't think many film producers were winning Academy award at age 17. But I also note that there very few seventeen year olds that are producing any movies,even movies shorts. He has gotten this far on his own grit and did this good under an extreme short time period and under considerable pressure while still keeping up with his school work.
It is based on that that I see the possibility of a great future film maker. I think he is worth encouraging. As a result I have posted about this in Europe, Israel, and South Africa as well as here in the states. Networking information is one of the few talents that I have developed.
Will it help him? Gee honestly I don't know. But I hope it might help just a little. Strange things can happen on the internet.
- Talented movie maker Christopher Blackwell , Fri Jul 27 2:39pmFreedom of the Press, is a gutsy short movie made by a 17 year old in two weeks. He has been making movie shorts since he was six years old. Note all the other things that he did, produced, directed, ... more
- I watched it to the end Clawson, Fri Jul 27 5:09pmAs action movies go, it is good. The speech sound is mostly inaudible and the plot is hard to follow. The age of the actors is apparent and reveals that the film is an amateur production. I didn't... more
- You need to ... Mondo Fuego™ , Sat Jul 28 2:17pm... get a good sound system for your computer ... I have the Harman Kardon Sound Sticks: http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=soundsticks+iii+harman+kardon
- I use high-fidelity headphones Clawson, Sun Jul 29 11:55amMy wife objects to the speaker system volume. Were you able to distinguish the voices on this particular video?
- Most of it (nm) Christopher Blackwell , Sun Jul 29 7:55pm
- Quite possible Christopher Blackwell , Sat Jul 28 8:32pmMondo Fuego™, I have never paid a great deal of attention to sound systems but then I have never had much interest in music, never owned record, only rarely owned a tape and have only own a couple of ... more
- What I liked (nm) Christopher Blackwell , Fri Jul 27 5:58pm
- What I liked, with the message Christopher Blackwell , Fri Jul 27 6:19pm
Religion and Ethics BBS