kwDon't feel like the Lone Ranger.Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:53pm126.96.36.199Sometimes it seems that's all we work for is for fixing stuff. Stuff is always breaking and all so expensive to replace or fix - have to have a good income to afford it all. A broker calls it "peak earning years"; studying earnings so sales can target the peak earners.
Can't say what I'd do without the modern appliances that are meant to make life simpler. Was much better quality things built years ago that didn't require such high maintenance. Most manufacturers stretch their resources thin to go further and squeeze as much profit out of them that they can. Cheaper goods is the product.
Cell phones and the computers are fastly replacing land lines and television - but costs way too much. Meant for peak earners perhaps? Have to use the emergency funds to pay for the cell phone, internet and ink cartridges.
- ok "god" move the crapper please? sym, Tue Jul 31 1:20pmThis has been a year of strife for so many people and I know I'm not alone but I just need to vent. Since I took my downgrade at work the following has happened in 6 months: - needed new roof -... more
- Can you live without it? Διός, Wed Aug 1 5:15pmThe crapper I nean, ;o)) sorry couldn't resist it. Hang in there It must turn around at sometime I hope it is soon SYM. Διός
- It may not get better. kw, Thu Aug 2 4:15amIt's wise to plan for that possibility. If only the peak earners are allowed to be financially secure, then that's the way it is.
- Well it could be but lets see and wait. Διός, Thu Aug 2 3:30pmYes if the big bills come in it can surely hurt if the income or the savings doesn't match the bills. Διός
- Well at least you have a good reason to feel so. Christopher Blackwell , Tue Jul 31 7:03pmsym, What a load of c--- to hit in such a short time.
- Don't feel like the Lone Ranger. kw, Tue Jul 31 5:53pm
- One ray of sunshine... Truthteller, Tue Jul 31 3:43pmMercury has been retro since July 14 but will go direct on August 8. It sure has been a crappy one for me too!
- Poor timing. (nm) Gateway, Tue Jul 31 3:06pm
- Always darkest before dawn. Max, Tue Jul 31 2:58pmThings will turn around. Hang in there!
- Oh, my! OldCM, Tue Jul 31 1:29pmTalk about a string of bad luck! I'd say that's one heck of a string! Can't blame you for being down today. After all that, who wouldn't be?
Religion and Ethics BBS