TinfoilChange is coming..Mon Aug 6, 2012 12:34pm22.214.171.124 (XFF: 10.32.16.38)Computer power is increasing exponentially year by year. Soon it will equal or exceed the human brain. With advances in materials research,etc we've got a couple decades before manufacturing totally lifelike androids to whaever specs one desires come to fruition. Simply put,that means anyone will be able to hump anyone or anything the mind can conjure. People will be able to commit homosexuality,incest or bestiality or anything else with their android at home perfectly secure no-one else will know and law enforcement will be incapable of stopping. THAT will be a HUGE political/religious fight. All hell is going to break loose that will make today's sexual issues pale in comparison. When I'm 80 I'm going to spend $3,000 to order the hot 16 year old-looking blond babe android and program her to give me hummers till my nuts explode.
- I think there are several factors involved... Sprout, Mon Aug 6 12:18pmIMO one is a nostalgic attachment to the obsolete IDEA that somehow a heterosexual marriage IS for life... The fact that well over 50% of such marriges do NOT last that long is ignored. But the... more
- After reading what you said ... Mondo Fuego™ , Mon Aug 6 10:04pm... no wonder the family unit is crumbling.
- The "family unit" is certainly changing as a concept... Sprout, Tue Aug 7 5:27amAnd it is no surprise that some folks who fear change use the term "crumbling".
- Change is coming.. Tinfoil, Mon Aug 6 12:34pm
- I'd like to clone my body ... Ken C, Mon Aug 6 1:13pmI'd like to clone my body without it's brain, then let it grow for about 16 years, then transplant my current brain into my 16 year old body. Then I won't look like a dirty old man when I hang out... more
- Will androids have rights? Tinfoil, Mon Aug 6 1:40pmI can see that coming. All the do-gooders will band together demanding that android babes have the RIGHT to refuse giving old bastards like me hummers. There's always someone who'll ruin a good thing.
- Ever see "Bicentennial Man?" Truthteller, Mon Aug 6 2:07pmI thought it was an excellent example of how they would be handled.
- that is going to depend mostly on capabilities... Sprout, Mon Aug 6 1:58pmIt would be a pretty simple process to program a computer to respond in certain ways ot certain commands. And if the program is complex enough it might even ACT like a person... But until the... more
- Same as 1960s compared to 1980s Tinfoil, Mon Aug 6 3:08pm1960s chicks gave it away for free. By the 1980s they had wised-up. Why buy the cow if the milks for free they figured. The good times for guys had ended. It'll be the same for androids. The trick... more
- Here ya go.. Tinfoil, Mon Aug 6 3:13pmhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhNM2K8cmU8
- Old people tend to resist change... then they die... Sprout, Mon Aug 6 1:08pmSocial change is inevitable. It always comes too fast for the old, and never comes fast enough for the young.
Religion and Ethics BBS