SproutOld people tend to resist change... then they die...Mon Aug 6, 2012 1:08pm184.108.40.206Social change is inevitable. It always comes too fast for the old, and never comes fast enough for the young.
- Change is coming.. Tinfoil, Mon Aug 6 12:34pmComputer power is increasing exponentially year by year. Soon it will equal or exceed the human brain. With advances in materials research,etc we've got a couple decades before manufacturing totally... more
- I'd like to clone my body ... Ken C, Mon Aug 6 1:13pmI'd like to clone my body without it's brain, then let it grow for about 16 years, then transplant my current brain into my 16 year old body. Then I won't look like a dirty old man when I hang out... more
- Will androids have rights? Tinfoil, Mon Aug 6 1:40pmI can see that coming. All the do-gooders will band together demanding that android babes have the RIGHT to refuse giving old bastards like me hummers. There's always someone who'll ruin a good thing.
- Ever see "Bicentennial Man?" Truthteller, Mon Aug 6 2:07pmI thought it was an excellent example of how they would be handled.
- that is going to depend mostly on capabilities... Sprout, Mon Aug 6 1:58pmIt would be a pretty simple process to program a computer to respond in certain ways ot certain commands. And if the program is complex enough it might even ACT like a person... But until the... more
- Same as 1960s compared to 1980s Tinfoil, Mon Aug 6 3:08pm1960s chicks gave it away for free. By the 1980s they had wised-up. Why buy the cow if the milks for free they figured. The good times for guys had ended. It'll be the same for androids. The trick... more
- Here ya go.. Tinfoil, Mon Aug 6 3:13pmhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhNM2K8cmU8
- Old people tend to resist change... then they die... Sprout, Mon Aug 6 1:08pm
Religion and Ethics BBS