ClawsonRich people change the rules according to their whimsMon Aug 6, 2012 7:32pm22.214.171.124Clint Eastwood had 7 children by 5 women and only took
the time to marry two of the women.
Ray Charles had 12 children by 10 women. Shortly before
his death he called a family meeting of the children.
Ten of them showed up. He gave each a check for a
Google will do the heavy lifting to confirm these stories.
- About Christians and Marriage Mondo Fuego™, Mon Aug 6 11:13amMarriage is not a "Christian-Only" institution ... it is a universal heterosexual institution around the world, recognized and upheld uniformly by all the major religions, as well as in secular... more
- 'Love' is just a four letter word, huh? Glenn, Tue Aug 7 6:44amI notice that the word 'love' did not appear once in your post. Just thought you'd like to know 8^)
- Marriage under heterosexual people is so important that it Διός, Wed Aug 8 7:01pmhas a 50% failure rate. And what is it to the heterosexuals if Gay’s wanted to marry too? And what is it with those clowns, the Gay’s don’t tell them what to do or not to do. It is just another way... more
- Rarely does greenman, Wed Aug 8 5:32pm...when bigots are discussing the subject. The frequent use of the word "queers" is all you need to know. The post should have been taken down...and the poster, too.
- Marriage is ... Mondo Fuego™ , Tue Aug 7 11:52am... a legal contract ... some people marry for love ... some for money ... some for security ... just thought you would like to know. In the US, marriage was never about queers ... well, until the... more
- What do you actuly know about gay people Christopher Blackwell , Wed Aug 8 8:20pmMondo Fuego™ You keep making claims based on your assumptions about Gay people, designed to justify your dislike of them.
- Rich people change the rules according to their whims Clawson, Mon Aug 6 7:32pm
- Not codified in the Consttution Christopher Blackwell , Mon Aug 6 5:39pmMondo Fuego™ Marriage was not codified in the Constitution by the founders,so apparently they didn't consider it quit as important as you do. Homosexually is not considered a perversion by... more
- LOL ... the psychologists and psychiatrists ... Mondo Fuego™ , Mon Aug 6 10:00pm... who don't think homosexuality is a perversion are most likely homosexuals ... taking care of their own. You are a funny little man.
- Not all all, they are themajority Christopher Blackwell , Thu Aug 9 8:30pmMondo Fuego™ The early ideas in Psychology were based on flawed research. Early studies were based only either Gays in prison or Gays seeking help for emotional problems. If the same flawed research... more
- The official Data and Statistical Manual (DSM) ... Clawson, Tue Aug 7 1:57pm...is used by doctors, hospitals, and insurance companies to set the codes for medical procedures. The manual is re-published every few years, with changes and additions. It is expensive, but used... more
- A flaw in definitions ... Mondo Fuego™ , Tue Aug 7 3:23pm... a "regular" queer (i.e., a homosexual not termed a pedophile) can also be a psychopath, and the death of their "bathhouse" victim would not bother them in the least. Also, I am quite certain that ... more
- Gee,the same as a straight person. Christopher Blackwell , Thu Aug 9 8:16pmMondo Fuego™, That is the flaw in your argument.
- It is not so much a definition as it is a description Clawson, Tue Aug 7 7:09pmA "description" tells it "like it is". There are actual changes in the brain that can be picked up with an MRI.
- Marriage... Amadeus, Mon Aug 6 12:34pm...is not a universally heterosexual institution. It isn't a universally monogamous institution. Whether or not any particular government or religion approves, marriage happens and marriage changes.... more
- Should gay men marry heterosexual women? Ken C, Mon Aug 6 11:53amIt seems like that kind of marriage would be less stable because the man is trying to deny his feelings. If two men want to get married and they are not allowed to, how does that "promote stability... more
- Two men ... Mondo Fuego™ , Mon Aug 6 10:03pm... do not constitute a "family unit". Next!
- But they can create children Christopher Blackwell , Thu Aug 9 8:13pmMondo Fuego™, Which is given as one excuse for having family. They just need a surgate mother. Ah the wonders of modern medical science, and modern day law. So being Gay does not mean giving up... more
- That is certainly one perspective... Sprout, Tue Aug 7 7:26amBut what about a guy, who looses his wife to cancer, whose brother comes to live with them and help raise the kids... Isn't two brothers working to raise a child that is son to one and nephew to the... more
- Of course it is greenman, Wed Aug 8 4:59pmPseudo-religious idiots still snapping towels in the boy's locker room. Not like you can expect understanding of complex or varied human relationships from that kind.
- The father and the children ... Mondo Fuego™ , Tue Aug 7 2:58pm... are a "family unit" ... the brother is a "brother" and "uncle" who just happens to live with them. Now you know. :)
- Geeand if the father happens to be Gay Christopher Blackwell , Thu Aug 9 8:37pmMondo Fuego™, Hmm, then it gets interesting. There are a fair number of Gay fathers and Gays that are deciding to become fathers. With test tube conceptions and surgate mothers, any man can become a... more
- Do you plan to charge them crimnally if they call Sprout, Wed Aug 8 5:45amthemselves a family? IMO your perspective that ONLY the traditional nuclear famly, and NOTHING beyond it, can possibly consistute a "family unit" is silly.
- Your false implication that ... Mondo Fuego™ , Thu Aug 9 8:09pm... that I would charge them criminally is even sillier. Maybe yo should take some time off, huh?
- I think there are several factors involved... Sprout, Mon Aug 6 12:18pmIMO one is a nostalgic attachment to the obsolete IDEA that somehow a heterosexual marriage IS for life... The fact that well over 50% of such marriges do NOT last that long is ignored. But the... more
- After reading what you said ... Mondo Fuego™ , Mon Aug 6 10:04pm... no wonder the family unit is crumbling.
- The "family unit" is certainly changing as a concept... Sprout, Tue Aug 7 5:27amAnd it is no surprise that some folks who fear change use the term "crumbling".
- Change is coming.. Tinfoil, Mon Aug 6 12:34pmComputer power is increasing exponentially year by year. Soon it will equal or exceed the human brain. With advances in materials research,etc we've got a couple decades before manufacturing totally... more
- I'd like to clone my body ... Ken C, Mon Aug 6 1:13pmI'd like to clone my body without it's brain, then let it grow for about 16 years, then transplant my current brain into my 16 year old body. Then I won't look like a dirty old man when I hang out... more
- Will androids have rights? Tinfoil, Mon Aug 6 1:40pmI can see that coming. All the do-gooders will band together demanding that android babes have the RIGHT to refuse giving old bastards like me hummers. There's always someone who'll ruin a good thing.
- Ever see "Bicentennial Man?" Truthteller, Mon Aug 6 2:07pmI thought it was an excellent example of how they would be handled.
- that is going to depend mostly on capabilities... Sprout, Mon Aug 6 1:58pmIt would be a pretty simple process to program a computer to respond in certain ways ot certain commands. And if the program is complex enough it might even ACT like a person... But until the... more
- Same as 1960s compared to 1980s Tinfoil, Mon Aug 6 3:08pm1960s chicks gave it away for free. By the 1980s they had wised-up. Why buy the cow if the milks for free they figured. The good times for guys had ended. It'll be the same for androids. The trick... more
- Here ya go.. Tinfoil, Mon Aug 6 3:13pmhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhNM2K8cmU8
- Old people tend to resist change... then they die... Sprout, Mon Aug 6 1:08pmSocial change is inevitable. It always comes too fast for the old, and never comes fast enough for the young.
- Here is the question though.... Sprout, Mon Aug 6 11:32amWhat in marriage INHERENTLY limits it to being a heterosexual institution indefinitely? From what I hear MOST of the objections to homosexuals taking part are religious. If "Christians" don't have a... more
- There you go greenman, Mon Aug 6 4:56pmTHAT was a good question.
Religion and Ethics BBS