ClawsonYou are reaching. Hard evidence was not "hearsay".Tue Aug 7, 2012 1:22pm188.8.131.52Some few scoutmasters actually did end up in prison,
usually after several years of unreported activity.
- All a matter of perspective... Sprout, Tue Aug 7 6:37amCertainly if one wants to view things in the worst possible light, one can PRESUME that they somehow knew about criminal acts and chose not to report... Another aspect is that they may have had... more
- You are reaching. Hard evidence was not "hearsay". Clawson, Tue Aug 7 1:22pm
- Certainly hard evidence usually comes out Sprout, Tue Aug 7 1:56pmduring a police investigation and a trial... But it is doubtful that those NOT actually physically involved in the crime (ie. the criminal and the victim) ACTUALLY had any hard evidence. That they... more
- So a dozen boys get their heads together and decide to lie Clawson, Tue Aug 7 2:03pm...about what supposedly happened to them that night in the tent when they had no witnesses? "Where there is smoke, there is fire." All boy scouts know that, and so should parents.
- Hindsight is 20/20.... (nm) Sprout, Wed Aug 8 5:46am
- The evidence is always there Clawson, Wed Aug 8 3:43pmPeople don't choose to believe the victims because turning over the rocks to reveal the worms would undermine FAITH in the existing social structure.
Religion and Ethics BBS