Thanks for explaining the church point of view. (nm)Wed Aug 8, 2012 11:59am188.8.131.52
- It isn't just about money.... Sprout, Wed Aug 8 7:33amMoney can certainly HELP generate influence and power... But especially in a DEMOCRATIC society, numbers alone can have significant impact on influence and power as well. In addition, just because... more
- Thanks for explaining the church point of view. (nm) Ken C, Wed Aug 8 11:59am
- I think some people have a hard time Sprout, Wed Aug 8 12:20pmrecognizing different motivations... Trying to see things from the other point of view can be hard. But take the Roman Catholic Church's perspective on things. Once the Church virtually ruled the... more
- What a crock of shit. Gateway, Wed Aug 8 8:26amThe policy of the catholic church is to out produce the number of children of other religions. Keep them horny and poor. If they do not have other forms of entertainment then they will produce more... more
- Yep, very well summed up. Διός, Wed Aug 8 4:30pmIf they would spend more effort in making their flock healthier and wealthier they would actually doing what they call gods work. But that wouldn't bring in their number, it would do the opposite and ... more
- Reading is fundamental asshole... (nm) Sprout, Wed Aug 8 8:47am
- So is UNDERSTANDING what you write. Gateway, Wed Aug 8 9:31amKen's article discusses the people affected by the conditions that the church tolerates and you endorse the policies set by the church as time honored, tested and normalized. Since the church has... more
- Again, reading is fundamental... Sprout, Wed Aug 8 11:09amWhere exactly did I ENDORSE any damn thing. The part that stupid people like you have a hard time grasping is that intelligent people like myself can COMPREHEND positions that they don't necessarily... more
- Oh yeah? then why did you call him an AH? Sia☺giah, Sun Sep 23 5:51pmNow you're a liar AND an AH besides...
- It appears you enjoy reading Gateway, Wed Aug 8 3:11pmyour own words, probably, over and over. First, you did not answer Ken's question but came out with your reasons why it is happening. Ken did not ask WHY. Secondly, your post went into how the church ... more
- Ken's question was based on a limited perspective... Sprout, Thu Aug 9 5:42amFrom Ken's perspective, it is obvious that he PREFERS a church focus on having a smaller, but wealthier membership. The problem is that the perspective of an outsider simply is not relevent to the... more
- There you go again. Gateway, Thu Aug 9 7:15amChanging the perspective of Ken's question from what we were discussing. You really do have a serious problem with reading comprehension. I'll try to simplify it for you. Ken was discussing families... more
- Yes, Ken's question was about what a church's goals Sprout, Thu Aug 9 7:43amin some say "should" be... And IF one PRESUMES that the goals of the church SHOULD be the indivdiual welfare of its members ONLY, then you would be correct in that a smaller congregation of... more
- Understand, I do not care what Gateway, Thu Aug 9 8:27amthe church does. I am not member, nor would they listen to anything I might say but I do understand there are business undertakings they must do in order to survive. Also, there are many good and... more
- I forgot to add this part. Gateway, Thu Aug 9 7:20amThank you for giving me an example how some intellects respond when being offered a dissenting view of their opinion. I should not be surprised by the child like behavior of name calling.
- Going off on tangents is his main claim to fame Clawson, Wed Aug 8 3:39pmArguing for the sake of arguing, with no real content.
- You are on target. Gateway, Thu Aug 9 7:23amI've had several conversation with Sprout and invariably he always moved the focus of the discussion away from my reply. I did not realize others would notice. Thanks for bringing it up.
- Yep, and yep again Truthteller, Wed Aug 8 8:30amthe stranglehold the RCC still has over many countries is shameful.
Religion and Ethics BBS