etRe: They are playing to the myth of "The Persecuted Christian"Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:05pm188.8.131.52The article seems to state in behalf of all religion, nowhere on what was posted does it state the Christian faith only..
Only mentioned Christian once, but does not suggest otherwise..
"They will be free to skip history classes which claim that the Founding Fathers were not fundamentalist Christians."
And the majority of the founding fathers were Christians, they came over on a boat..
Common place here.
Doesn't take them too awfully long to discover the pricks Paul were kickin'.. :)
- They are playing to the myth of "The Persecuted Christian" Jeeves, Fri Aug 10 8:55pmSomehow they want to believe that they are still in danger of the lions in the Colosseum.
- Re: They are playing to the myth of "The Persecuted Christian" et, Fri Aug 10 11:05pm
- Founders came over "on a boat?" greenman, Sat Aug 11 1:12pmYour history is, to put it mildly, skewed...
- They come over here looking for you they did.. et, Sat Aug 11 7:34pmThey wanted to put you back in your cage. But an old Indian squaw had you wrapped in papoose clothing, when they drawn near, she put you in a hemp basket and sent you up river.. But it wasn't the... more
- One little comment you don't send something floating Διός , Mon Aug 13 12:14pmupriver it is always downstream so down the river, sorry to interrupt. grin Διός
- Ah hah.. et, Wed Aug 15 1:45amVery observant. :)
- There WAS this little guy called COLUMBUS... Truthteller, Sun Aug 12 12:48pmwho was sent by the VERY Catholic Queen Isabella of Spain. Check out an American History book at the local library sometime since it seems you missed all this in elementary school.
- Take your meds (nm) greenman, Sat Aug 11 8:28pm
- Most of the Founders... Truthteller, Sat Aug 11 12:06pmwere actually deists.
- Were et, Sat Aug 11 7:46pmany of us there? :)
- No, but our ancestors WERE... Truthteller, Sun Aug 12 12:49pmand left a LOT of written records behind. Go get that American History book like I told you.
- Yea, they were all Muslim that had signed the Constition. et, Mon Aug 13 6:38amA lil' sarcasment interlude there for ya. :)
- I see that a serious conversation with you isn't possible Truthteller, Mon Aug 13 9:02amyour loss.
- Anythings possible.. e3t, Tue Aug 14 9:59amAs long as I don't have to act like an strict English professor to get any respect.. Not naming names, but same ole same ole: Character assassins..
- I was there Jeeves, Sat Aug 11 8:35pmCan you prove I wasn't? Sheesh.
- Re: I was there et, Sat Aug 11 10:56pmShoosh.
- Actually, you are mistaken Jeeves, Sat Aug 11 7:29am" The article seems to state in behalf of all religion, nowhere on what was posted does it state the Christian faith only. " The voters who approved the amendment think that its purpose is to protect ... more
- I only read what you posted. et, Sat Aug 11 9:17amAnd re-discover once again there's no use discussing whats christian with anti-christian. Is kinda Like talking to cattle, all they hear is a sound with one or two recognizable words, usually related ... more
Religion and Ethics BBS