GatewayIn general, I agree with you.Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:29pm188.8.131.52It has become standard to overpay ceo's. There are exceptions, Steve Jobs, Alan Mulaley are two. I truly feel that the majority of ceo's can easily be replaced by a computor program.
- Taxes matter, because USA is having financial problems. Ken C, Fri Aug 17 11:51amI think we need to either raise taxes, or reduce spending, or a combination of the two. If the company can afford to pay so much to their CEO's, then maybe they can afford to pay more in taxes. I... more
- Taxes are a SEPARATE issue... Sprout, Mon Aug 20 6:37amWhether a company spends more on their CEO than they spend on taxes is an irrelevant point because the two are totally unrelated... I'll ask it this way..... does the fact that a company spends a lot ... more
- Oh, I like how capitalism works. Ken C, Mon Aug 20 10:28amI changed my mind about part of my previous post. If a company is successful, then I think they deserve to make a lot of money. If a company is having problems and can't even pay all their taxes,... more
- I agree... If a company can't pay its bills.... including Sprout, Mon Aug 20 11:37amits taxes, it should be allowed to fail... No matter how big it is... Though to be serious if a company ACTUALLY has more bills than it has revenues, it probably HONESTLY doesn't owe taxes... That is ... more
- Taxes & Spending Robert, Sat Aug 18 6:36amKen, here is what history instead of right/left ideology tells us: AUGUST 10, 2011 4:00 A.M. Unbalanced Obama wants more taxes for more spending, not for debt reduction. By Michael Tanner... more
- The countries that your source mentions do NOT have the HUGE sT, Tue Sep 4 10:17amMILITARY SPENDING that YOUR PARTY PROMOTES! As for the STIMULUS:... more
- Interesting info, thanks. Ken C, Sat Aug 18 9:58amI think education is very important, and will be even more important in the future. There probably are a lot of other less important things the government can cutback on.
- A question that nobody wants to ask.... Sprout, Mon Aug 20 2:13pmAt what LEVEL should things be funded... The federal gov't collects money from the states, and sends much of it right back to the states. How about leave it where it started? Eliminate the vast... more
- Yep (nm) Robert, Sat Aug 18 12:36pm
- In general, I agree with you. Gateway, Fri Aug 17 1:29pm
Religion and Ethics BBS