Christopher BlackwellThere arelenty of attempts at Christian brain washing in priSat Aug 18, 2012 8:22pm184.108.40.206yome,
There has always been plenty of attempts at Christian brain washing in prisons. Not to mention if guy pretends to be Christian he may even get out early or get special favors.
So what you need is along term study of the results years later and see how many are still Christians and out of trouble.This seems to be something that most Christian organizations are afraid of to do any long term studies, before they declare their miracle cures.
Now it is possible that some Christian prison programs may have some success. But those that do should back it up with long term studies. Then the most successful ones could be maintains and the fruadelant ones could be dismissed before they create a bigger mess out of the convicts lives.
I deal with a few Wiccan prisoners, and I write and read back what they write me. But still the final test is going to be if they can break the cycle, and it is hard because no one is ever going to forget that they are excons and will try to get them back in prison.Soit is going to take a rather strong person to get out and stay out and make some sort of success out of being out.
I wish them the best but I am not about to make any false claims about how successful most of them are. I will suspect that most won't be. But whatever one do make it, I give them full credit for making it. Somehow they have learned lessons instead of making excuses for themselves. They have finally taken responsibility for their lives instead of blaming anyone else.
Me, I just write and treat them like a human being, encourage when I can. But if they make it, it is because of their work, not mine.
- Awesome movment of God in prision yome, Sat Aug 18 7:59pmhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9uDM8jwXi8&feature=relmfu
- There arelenty of attempts at Christian brain washing in pri Christopher Blackwell , Sat Aug 18 8:22pm
- Re: There arelenty of attempts at Christian brain washing in pri yome, Sat Aug 18 10:49pmwashed in the blood of the lamb, are your sins forgiven have ya been baptized are you washed in the blood of the lamb. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vPYOSrQLf0 i don't know, the song came to mind... more
- heatlh remains very stable Christopher Blackwell , Sun Aug 19 5:55pmyome, However after thirty years the VA has decided to get curious as to why my blood platelet count and white blood cell count remain way below normal. What makes this even stranger is there has... more
- Re: heatlh remains very stable yome, Mon Aug 20 12:22ami has that done once, its a hard stick and that about all it added up to, with all you've been through i'm sure you're use to that. i hope all goes well for you. i'll say a prayer for ya :)
- I am a hards tick anyway. Christopher Blackwell , Mon Aug 20 6:36pmyome, Not too many good places to stick me when it comes to veins, not after a year of IVs and blooddraws. After the long stay, I had needle marks all up and down my arms, was fish belly white and... more
- Re: I am a hards tick anyway. yome, Mon Aug 20 10:47pmsounds like A hard day ahead, i pray all goes well.
Religion and Ethics BBS