Is it moral to secretly record private conversations?Wed Oct 12, 2016 1:30pm18.104.22.168How moral is to try to get someone to say embarrassing and inappropriate things in private, then save the recording and wait until the person is running for a public office, then release the recording because you don't like the person?
"In twelve states, no person may record a private communication without the consent of every party to that communication. "
- Re: Is it moral to secretly record private conversations? kw, Thu Oct 13 11:18amHi Ken, I sometimes receive telephone solicitations in which the caller gives me the business name and then informs me that it's "on a recorded line". My first and usually only response is I do not... more
- KW yome, Thu Oct 13 9:24pmis this that same kw , i use to talk to on here ?
- Re: Is it moral to secretly record private conversations? kw, Thu Oct 13 4:16pmOh yeah. I forgot to bring up this incomplete thought about not respecting or violating the law. Swift Justice I think I see justice for what it (really) is. Is justice after-the-fact? Or is justice... more
- I think that is should be allowed ONLY for gathering DFM, Wed Oct 12 9:08pmevidence of felonies. If somebody threatens me, I should have the legal right to record the threat without his knowledge or consent, even without a court order. That is common sense. It is part of... more
- Agreed (nm) Blather, Thu Oct 13 7:07am
- Was it posted "by the Democratic Party"? Ken C, Wed Oct 12 9:25pmThe tape was obviously made by Billy Bush. Billy Bush is first cousins with former Florida governor Jeb Bush, who was favored to win the Republican nomination before Trump came along and started... more
- It does not matter WHO published it. DFM, Wed Oct 12 10:37pmIt is PRIVATE information and should not be made public unless as evidence for a felony. Its publication is an invasion of Trump's privacy. DFM
- Agreed Blather, Thu Oct 13 7:13amI do wonder the role, if any, played by the House of B-usher in the release. They certainly were and are mad as hell about The Donald trashing their dynasty ambitions. They ought to be pissed at Baby ... more
- would you feel that way about any other celebrity Trish, Thu Oct 13 4:36ammany of whom have had unwanted pictures, recordings etc. brought to the public eye. He's a public figure. He's purposefully baiting people.
- Yes, I would feel that way about ANYBODY. DFM, Thu Oct 13 9:36amPublication of nude photos of movie stars, etc, etc, without their permission is a gross violation of their rights. I again assert that publication of privately recorded information except for the... more
- Agreed (nm) Blather, Thu Oct 13 10:17am
- I'd say only if the recording is STRICTLY for personal use.. Poppet, Wed Oct 12 7:21pm...and is never made public in any way, sans permission. In other words, only for one's own purposes of having a record of what's said. Most people aren't able to remember longer conversations. But... more
- Unless the recording contains evidence of a felony. DFM, Wed Oct 12 9:14pmIf somebody threatens to kill me, I have the right to record an publish that conversation without permission. It is part of self-defense to gather evidence of menacing threats. If somebody invites me ... more
- Such as an admission to committing sexual assualt? (nm) Jeeves, Thu Oct 13 6:34am
- Only if the other person agrees to it before the fact! (nm) Shadow, Wed Oct 12 8:57pm
- No it us absolutely perverted and immoral Blather, Wed Oct 12 1:45pmWhich is why this computer eavesdropping era is so dangerous, and puts the power of King maker into dirty hand like the NSA, Verizon, FBI, CIA, local Cops, and scanner snoops. These freaks believe... more
Religion and Ethics BBS