BlatherOh brother....Dylan and the NobelThu Oct 13, 2016 10:14am220.127.116.11What can one expect. Obama has a peace prize and is a war monger and drone murderer. Dylan wrote nonsensical lyrics suitable for his time's acid-derived youth rebellion, and idolized as so brilliant, when in reality it was some of the most subjective babble ever written that said much of nothing to so many who believed in another baloney-fed contrivance, that too was propagandized as a "hope and change." Hope springs eternal but chump change is what has been achieved for all his Dylanesque con-artistry. And Obama's circus act has earned him a place in the Marionette Hall of Fame. I just recently watched a documentary of Dylan's life, his early years, his New York City formative years, and about his dream to basically out-woody Woody Guthrie. This was a driven individual who simply wanted to be on stage, to perform, to be a singer. He typed out non-sensical short prose-style disconnects in a rambling burst of timely imagery that everyone dumb enough actually accepted as saying some great classic truth about the human conundrum of the Babylonian 1960s. And that era began what is today not art but profit centers whipping up advertised enthusiasm for artistic mediocrity. The most I can say about his genuinality is at least he was not marketed for his looks unless one cares to suggest his facial uniqueness and unpleasant persona. And it is certain were he to run for national puppet, Lay Lady Lay, lay across my big ass bed (brass bed), would be pounced on by an opposing string player as evidence of utter moral corruption. Bit, I digress....there is no way in hell this Nobel Prize in Literature should go to an illiterate! But, the chorus of misguided accolades love their acid-memories, and bell-bottomed salvation for humanity, dreams since shown to be unmoneyed naivety. They need this prize more than humble cantankerous Bob. And as a side note, if he accepts, these Scandalnevians had better prepare for rudeness and puzzlement, the kind he seemed to smirkingly relish upon the media back in his day.
- Who would you have given it to? timothy, Fri Oct 14 5:05pmAnd why don't you think, they let you decide?
- He is a singer/lyricist/guitar/harmonica entertainer/grump Blather, Sat Oct 15 10:27amDo you see anything in that description that says he is worthy of a Nobel Prize in Literature? Muhammad Ali should have gotten a prize for his rap-poetry? Maybe I should get the award? The idea that... more
- Who should have received the Nobel Prize then? (nm) timothy, Sun Oct 16 8:19pm
- It is now possible for ANY famous person can get Nobel Prize DFM, Thu Oct 13 11:29amAl Gore got one for doing NOTHING. Barack Obama got one for doing NOTHING. At current Nobel Prize standards, I expect some of the following to receive Nobel Prizes in the near future. Miley Cyrus... more
- I'm not keen on a "literature" prize for music. Poppet, Sun Oct 16 5:27amBut the only categories are : Physics, Chemistry, Medicine, Literature, Peace, and Economic Sciences. Music has only much more recently become something that has a profound effect on socio-political... more
- Hey, and I need the money! (nm) Blather , Thu Oct 13 1:22pm
- "can get" should be "to get" (nm) DFM, Thu Oct 13 11:29am
- Haha, writing lyrics ain't easy.... (nm) Blather , Thu Oct 13 1:51pm
- Agreed Roy, Thu Oct 13 11:01amDylan is WAY overrated. The only song of his I can stomach is "like a rolling stone".
- Wow...take my pulse. We actually agree on something. (nm) Quantafyre, Fri Oct 14 8:34am
- Nominate me for the peace prize:-) (nm) Blather, Fri Oct 14 10:03am
- Recalling my first introduction to POT Blather, Thu Oct 13 1:48pmAt age 21, 1966, to tell you how ignorant/ naive were many of us at that time in Richmond, Virginia, I did not know about Marijuana. I do of course speak for myself. I was out on my own and visiting... more
- He also wrote lyrics that changed the naation jb, Thu Oct 13 10:23amLike Blowin'[ in the Wind.
Religion and Ethics BBS