News JunkieMillions hungry despite world food surplusSat Apr 15, 2017 8:09am2001:1970:5c22:6100:fd92:9e37:d7c9:736csource
There are so many problems with this article I'm not sure where to begin...
- I'd love to know how this question was worded on the survey. SES, Wed Apr 19 12:33pm"...often enduring food insecurity, or not knowing where their next meal is coming from." If someone asked me, right now, if I knew where my next meal was coming from, I'd have to say "No". Might be... more
- Elaborate (nm) Contrarian, Sat Apr 15 8:47am
- Spoilage and transport. Sprout, Sat Apr 15 2:31pmNeither shipping nor storage/preservation is free. They both take resources.
- Add greed and only growing food Christopher Blackwell, Mon Apr 17 11:22pmonly based of what makes the biggest profit in export, often to the other side of the world for the richer nations. Consider only shelf life,whether it looks pretty, and can it be picked by machine.... more
- Fix the big problem first... Sprout, Thu Apr 20 8:54amOne example of an African region where 80% of food was lost to spoilage between the fields and the consumers. And that was NOT shipping anything internationally. And that WAS growing food intended to ... more
- So much for efficent agriculture Christopher Blackwell, Thu Apr 20 9:53amSpoout, Again with thesurplus of food, even that should not leave millions starving as the rest of the system could take care of that. Look at the level of waste of food in our country. At least a... more
- We could stop promoting extramarital sex, too, but we don't. (nm jb, Thu Apr 20 11:14am
- That would also be what a truly Christian society would do. (nm Christopher Blackwell, Thu Apr 20 9:59am
Religion and Ethics BBS