Ohio & N. Kentucky Indian Issues
Discussion ForumAIM Support Group of Ohio & N. KentuckyDekanogi UlogilvWhispers of Knowledge!Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:20pm188.8.131.52Whispers of Knowledge!
Quiet now, I am thinking, contemplating ancient teachings
holding still, to hear the whispers, echo's from times beginning.
How many humans wonder, why, we walk this veil of tears
what use is birth, simply to die, most times in pain and sorrow?
So many question, seeking comfort, needing to believe
which faith is true, what god is real, and will deliver?
Fighting demons, fighting self, reaching out to empty space
never hearing, never knowing, feeling empty, and alone.
Filling lives with little treasures, hoarding away hidden dreams
trying so hard to be right, not righteous, having control is better.
Sitting here on silent hill side, Sacred cave behind me
old gnarly trees standing guard, bark more gray than brown.
Drooping branches mostly bare, the rains held back this year
so many changes in the weather, in Mother Earth herself.
And they fear, these human children, they have forgotten
that even the earth must obey, mature, her seasons cycle.
She is gravid, once again, reaching soon her travailing
remember our oldest lesson, Brother moon controls the woman.
Once, we humans knew, life is not static, standing still for our pleasure
and, the Elders taught, why, humankind walks this world.
It is our learning place, a playground for the young
perfect once, in the long ago, but meant to grow harder.
Each testing, hurting, bleeding, and dying, a lesson for the next one
every tear shed makes us stronger, leads us closer to the reason.
Creator, watches, hoping that we understand about circles
there are no saints, but there is innocence, and we must reach it.
Can you want nothing, without feeling hopeless, despair, empty
love without owning, touch, without coveting, hold, and set free?
They are all still here, those ancient lessons, before our eyes
hidden only from those, who refuse to see them, remember.
Why, has every People, legends, fables, myths, stories
told generation to generation, some written, on stone, some paper?
Within each, lies the truth, kept for good reason, throughout the ages
though the longer between changes, the harder hearted become the children.
Quiet now, I am thinking, remembering my ancestors stories
knowing, somewhere deep inside, are all the answers I, am seeking.
Some things are self proving, unchanging, making fact, of legend
Father Sky, is above us, Mother Earth below, the Four Winds give direction.
Creator, still surrounds us, giving proof with every breath, every rain drop
this is, my testing grounds, and I, need only listen, to the whispers of knowledge!
- nothing it seems goodknife, Wed Apr 6 1:03amposts seem to be getting clearer our we at a lost ?. im still waiting and seeing all of you
- still here beth, Thu Apr 7 2:03pmHey goodknife, some of us are still here, I do not know of, nor heard of any meetings. I hope you and yours are doing well... Beth
- in my standing goodknife, Wed Aug 24 4:37amsorry but its not my place its the truth thats finds me i just cant move past that its set in all of us and me... Ive not really been watchin this board for years to come to a meeting in the fact im... more
- Still here RE: Little Sunshine, Sun Apr 17 8:17amStill here to. I hope that Spring bring good Spirit into the Forum and we can talk about interesting things. Blessings to All.
- Re: Still here RE: Beth, Mon Apr 18 1:43pmHey L.S. yeap spring is here and things are going to be awsome. hope all is well with you and yours. :) Beth
- Re: Still here RE: barry, Mon Apr 18 6:35amright back ay you Little Sunshine and blessings to everyone else..and yes Im still here also
- A message received from a friend. Little Sunshine, Tue Apr 19 3:34pmThis was send to me by a brother to let us know were it is all about. What do you think about it.....maybe it is a good issue to talk about. Blessings. A MOST CONVENIENT EVIL Most of you who know me... more
- Whispers of Knowledge! Dekanogi Ulogilv, Wed Apr 20 5:20pm
- Re: Still here RE: beth, Mon Apr 18 1:50pmHey Barry, hope you, Gena (sp?) and family are all doing well. L.S. is alwayis so very possitive...that's a good thing. Hope to see ya'll in Columbus end of May. :) Beth
- RE:still here. Little Sunshine, Mon Apr 18 1:32pmWell hello Barry. So nice to hear from you. Hope you and yours are doing fine. And nice to hear that more old friends are here waiting till someone is posting a good subject. Hi to All....Peace.
- meeting? goodknife, Wed Apr 6 1:13amare there still any meetings? is this site still active?. since i am limited as to what i can say in that reguard im at a loss, for them that knows the rules then you know what that means for myself. ... more
- meetings Beth, Mon Apr 18 1:54pmI son't know about meetings goodknife, perhaps write the webmaster, maybe he/she knows. Maybe the sites still up just cuz...who knows. Take it easy:) Beth