CurmudgeonTalk in circles much? Here's what you said:Sun May 13, 2012 12:09am22.214.171.124" First, what is in Green River Formation isn't oil. It's kerogen.
"Kerogen from oil shale isn't economically recoverable, even with oil at twice the current price. Furthermore it isn't oil, except to obtuse pieces of paramecium fwcking dander. Once extracted, which is highly problematic, it has to be cracked in a specific manner that also removes the excess high sulphur, for which only one small experimental refinery was built, primarily for research."
The GAO calls it "recoverable oil".
You really owe it to our country to set them straight, but please try to act like an adult when you do.
- Uh.... They Already Know Pikes, Sun May 13 12:05amIt's in the part of the report you didn't read. As for the childish personal insults, if those weren't included, you'd comprehend nothing of the response at all.... more
- Talk in circles much? Here's what you said: Curmudgeon, Sun May 13 12:09am
- K-E-R-O-G-E-N Pikes, Sun May 13 8:15amK-E-R-O-G-E-N The naturally occurring, solid, insoluble organic matter that occurs in source rocks and can yield oil upon heating. Kerogen is the portion of naturally occurring organic matter that is ... more
- Happy Mothers Day Pikes, Sun May 13 8:32amDinner is at 5. Unfortunately C who presented himself as a roaster turned out to be an old madam hen, and was only good for soup. Julia Child provides an explanation of the difference in chickens.... more
- Mr Pikes, for your entertainment... A link... Sia☺giah, Mon May 14 12:19amhttp://disc.yourwebapps.com/discussion.cgi?disc=227735;article=413878;title=Civilized%20Personal%20Discussion ROFLMAO... Thank the gods that be that we don't have to deal with THAT anymore... LOL... more
- You owe the board an apology for your dishonesty.. HeavyHemi, Sun May 13 3:53amThe report is quite clear. The report is quite clear in what is meant by 'recoverable oil. I've cited the USGS report to you. I cited the ENTIRE statement from the GAO which clearly states what... more
- Something can be within reach or Sia☺giah, Sun May 13 12:34amrecoverable... But that does NOT make it practical nor cost effective... CLEARLY this is neither...
- " “USGS estimates that the Green River Formation contains Curmudgeon, Sun May 13 9:22amabout 3 trillion barrels of oil, and about half of this may be recoverable, depending on available technology and economic conditions,” Mittal testified. “The Rand Corporation, a nonprofit research... more
- Q.E.D.? Pikes, Sun May 13 1:00pmCurmudgeon “USGS estimates that the Green River Formation contains Sun May 13, 2012 9:22am 126.96.36.199 about 3 trillion barrels of oil, and about half of this may be recoverable, depending on... more
- Yup. When both the GAO and the USGS disagree with Curmudgeon, Sun May 13 9:24pmyour ckaims, anyone, even a thinking liberal would have to go with them over a self-described composer of ad jingles. Yup. Q.E.D.
- Here are more facts for you to educate yourself with. HeavyHemi, Sun May 13 10:54pmhttp://www.usgs.gov/faq/index.php?action=show&cat=21
- The problem is your claim is again false. HeavyHemi, Sun May 13 10:36pmUnless you're a moron, you know it is false. So, you're left with two choices. Either you're a dishonest troll or, you're a moron. Which is it?
- Absolutely correct Pikes, Sun May 13 9:53pmCurmudgeon Sun May 13, 2012 9:24pm 188.8.131.52 Yup. When both the GAO and the USGS disagree with your ckaims, anyone, even a thinking liberal would have to go with them over a self-described... more