Curmudgeon" “USGS estimates that the Green River Formation containsSun May 13, 2012 9:22am220.127.116.11about 3 trillion barrels of oil, and about half of this may be recoverable, depending on available technology and economic conditions,” Mittal testified.
“The Rand Corporation, a nonprofit research organization, estimates that 30 to 60 percent of the oil shale in the Green River Formation can be recovered,” Mittal told the subcommittee. “At the midpoint of this estimate, almost half of the 3 trillion barrels of oil would be recoverable. This is an amount about equal to the entire world's proven oil reserves.”
- Something can be within reach or Sia☺giah, Sun May 13 12:34amrecoverable... But that does NOT make it practical nor cost effective... CLEARLY this is neither...
- " “USGS estimates that the Green River Formation contains Curmudgeon, Sun May 13 9:22am
- Q.E.D.? Pikes, Sun May 13 1:00pmCurmudgeon “USGS estimates that the Green River Formation contains Sun May 13, 2012 9:22am 18.104.22.168 about 3 trillion barrels of oil, and about half of this may be recoverable, depending on... more
- Yup. When both the GAO and the USGS disagree with Curmudgeon, Sun May 13 9:24pmyour ckaims, anyone, even a thinking liberal would have to go with them over a self-described composer of ad jingles. Yup. Q.E.D.
- Here are more facts for you to educate yourself with. HeavyHemi, Sun May 13 10:54pmhttp://www.usgs.gov/faq/index.php?action=show&cat=21
- The problem is your claim is again false. HeavyHemi, Sun May 13 10:36pmUnless you're a moron, you know it is false. So, you're left with two choices. Either you're a dishonest troll or, you're a moron. Which is it?
- Absolutely correct Pikes, Sun May 13 9:53pmCurmudgeon Sun May 13, 2012 9:24pm 22.214.171.124 Yup. When both the GAO and the USGS disagree with your ckaims, anyone, even a thinking liberal would have to go with them over a self-described... more