TrudyMcDowell County, Kentucky Town Hall with BernieTue Mar 14, 2017 12:45am2602:306:37a7:2a0:8117:9190:74e4:3302So sad that people who voted for Trump are being let down so bad. I know people who think he's doing a great job, but they are hard core Rs who want Hillary in jail or even better, dead. Seriously.
Probably the majority, especially the ones paying attention, have realized that he is not going to deliver on the promises he made in the campaign regarding jobs and health care - the main issues for most of us.
Most progressives seem to be invested in the idea that Hillary would have been just as bad. I don't know. I know she would have been really bad. Though we protest that we had the right to vote for Jill Stein, and besides, Stein didn't get enough votes to matter, and blah, blah, blah. I say, forget all that emotional baggage and open your eyes to the fact that Drumpf is going to be our downfall, even if he is impeached, unless we get some real progressive warriors elected in '18.
Tea Party Republicans will naturally be defensive in their thinking, and will bring up every real or imagined evil of Obama for some time, even after they realize the man is a friggin disaster.
In ten years there will be no ice on Antarctica. In the last election, California had over 400 judges up for re-election. Only something like 50 of them faced a challenger and even most of them were re-elected. I never thought much about judges in a political way before. Big mistake that most of us do not give enough thought and attention to those whose job it is to protect our liberties. Sorry, I've gone way off the subject, but there it is.
- Good piece Pikes, Wed Mar 15 12:40amYou and I know Sanders would have been elected easily. He still could. We also know the DNC failed him, us, and the nation. They are more responsible for the Trump presidency than Trump himself is! I ... more
- Can you condense the piece? and share what your intended Sia☺giah, Tue Mar 14 1:05amtopic of discussion is? I'm not going to watch an hour plus youtube without knowing what it's about that you feel is interesting and want to discuss... .
- Before I got out in left field I was on topic Trudy , Tue Mar 14 1:11amIt's a town hall meeting on msnbc with Chris Hayes and Bernie Sanders taking questions and hearing concerns of the people of the county. Mostly they seem worried about health care. Interesting... more
- I meant to summarize it in your own words... Not squish the Sia☺giah, Tue Mar 14 1:52amvideo down smaller... There must have been major points covered that impressed you?
- Mostly, it was just the individuals that touched me Trudy , Tue Mar 14 3:42amTheir stories and pov and the peek into their world were very touching and informative. Also, I think it might capture the spirit of the mindset that Bernie awoke in the nation. I can tell you that... more
- Now THAT makes it sound interesting and worth watching... Sia☺giah, Tue Mar 14 2:01pmTHANK YOU...
- You're welcome. So, did you watch it? Trudy, Tue Mar 14 7:30pmDid you find it as worthwhile as I did?
- I've started watching it, haven't finished yet. Will tonight Sia☺giah, Tue Mar 14 7:33pmSo much going on and to do...
- I've watched about 1/3 of it so far. Lots of interruptions? Sia☺giah, Wed Mar 15 1:25amand weird ads tossed into the middle of it that disrupt the flow of it... I do find that annoying as I am snagging time to watch it and do NOT want to be watching sales ads or campaign ads... I have, ... more
- Just move past the interruptions. Trudy, Wed Mar 15 3:55amI think most of them were about 3-4 minutes long. I liked the ads but didn't have the patience for them after the first few times. I think they kind of believed Trump, and were so opposed to HC that... more
- I did, but it was very late, I was tired and staying up to Sia☺giah, Wed Mar 15 12:57pmwatch it, so grew tired of the ridiculous interruptions right fast... I haven't reached anywhere in the video where anyone said they'd have voted for Bernie if they could have... Not there yet...... more