Sia☺giahtRUMP harming tourist and travel industries BIG time...Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:29am18.104.22.168FACTOID:
◼ Interest in travel to the U.S. has plummeted since President Trumpís inauguration, according to data from the travel website Kayak. Searches for flights from the U.K. to Tampa and Orlando plunged 58 percent, while searches for Miami were down by 52 percent, and Las Vegas by 36 percent. Overall, the Global Business Travel Association estimates that the U.S. travel industry has lost $185 million in revenue so far because of Trumpís presidency.
Looks like tRUMP's travel ban nonsense is causing enough concerns to affect the travel industry BIG TIME...
- "Fake news" SES, Wed Mar 15 2:05pmPresident Trump has done NOTHING that would cause a RATIONAL person wanting to legally travel to the United States to decide NOT to. The entity that you SHOULD be blaming for convincing people in... more
- Hey dumbass Moishe, Wed Mar 15 9:58pmIts not about individuals, it's about groups. How many international organizations are going to hold their conventions in the US if some of their members are at risk of being denied entry? Duh!!
- How many "International Organizations" from... SES, Thu Mar 16 8:58am...Iran, Sudan, Syria, Libya, Somalia and Yemen have EVER held their "Conventions" inn the United States? Dumbass.
- Except that's NOT at all what he was talking about... Sia☺giah, Thu Mar 16 2:11pmA British TEACHERS organization had their trip TOTALLY tossed up in the air because of it and ultimately saw one teacher being left behind... A teacher who did NOT fit the profile of a terrorist by... more
- Yeah. "...one teacher...." And when the "ban" wasn't even... SES, Thu Mar 16 3:28pm...in effect. That ONE instance was SO overblown by the media and by butt-hurt sore-loser Snowflakes, which is EXACTLY what I mean. The ban wasn't even in EFFECT when that happened. It had already... more
- It's already happened to a teacher's group in Britain... Sia☺giah, Wed Mar 15 10:03pmSomeone had to be left behind at the last minute... WHO is going to risk their vacation time and investment when it's up in the air as to how it MIGHT work out... Particularly groups of travelers or... more
- It was VERY clear that it was a vacation search website Sia☺giah, Wed Mar 15 3:29pmwho reported numbers down significantly... It's NOT about legal vs illegal travel... It's about the HASSLES involved in traveling ANYWHERE nowadays, but especially the USA... People buy their... more
- What "hassles" did someone traveling to the United States... SES, Wed Mar 15 5:00pm...from say, France, with a valid Passport face due to the so-called "Travel Ban"? None. No hassles. None whatsoever. Well, no more than they've EVER faced since the TSA tightened security after... more
- Do you get paid to be an Sia☺giah, Wed Mar 15 6:03pmASS as often as possible?
- My dottir's supervisor Pikes, Wed Mar 15 5:30pmLives in London, and traveled to the US weekly for business at their base in Minnesota. But because of travel hassles due to the ban, he is choosing to remain in London, which means her work hours... more
- WHAT is so difficult for some folks to understand that folks Sia☺giah, Wed Mar 15 6:11pmplanning their VACATIONS typically AVOID any places that they figure might present issues that they don't want to deal with...??? That is a CARDINAL RULE of the tourist industry... Make SURE there... more
- What ACTUAL new travel hassels Sprout, Wed Mar 15 5:51pmhas he actually experienced?
- Enough to remain in London. (nm) Pikes, Wed Mar 15 5:55pm
- IOW, no facts whatsoever... Sprout, Wed Mar 15 7:15pmDid he ACTUALLY experience increased difficulty? Or did he PERCIEVE that he WOULD experience additional difficulty? They are two very different questions.
- ass/u/me Pikes, Wed Mar 15 9:26pmIf you want to assume my lack of interest in play of your game is evidence of no facts whatsoever, be my guest. I know where this leads with you. It goes there almost every time. Furthermore, I don't ... more
- I will happily assume your lack of facts is a lack of facts. Sprout, Wed Mar 15 9:33pmWhy should I assume otherwise? Had you said that the visa process was taking a lot longer, that would be one thing. It is certainly possible. Had you said he noticed much longer lines at customs,... more
- I know what he said Pikes, Thu Mar 16 12:10amand why. Doesn't matter what you believe in Hypothetica. This is reality. Have a nice argument.
- THIS THREAD isn't about your questions... Sia☺giah, Wed Mar 15 7:18pmIt is about the lowered numbers seen on travel websites for US destinations... Your attempt to take it down another road is NOT appreciated... If you don't GET IT that PERCEPTION IS EVERYTHING in the ... more
- Then why not just say it? Sprout, Wed Mar 15 7:38pmThat PERCEPTIONS of difficulty are causing people to not travel... Why sell it AS IF real difficulties are the problem? Why? Because it generates more clicks.
- Reading IS fundamental.. Sia☺giah, Wed Mar 15 9:48pmHow many times and how many ways does it have to be said for you to notice it???? Don't you bother to even read a thread before diving in with your opinions?? I made it CLEAR that it was concerns,... more
- Here is the quote: Sprout, Thu Mar 16 10:51amLease this WebApp and get rid of the ads. Pikes My dottir's supervisor Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:30pm 22.214.171.124 Lives in London, and traveled to the US weekly for business at their base in Minnesota. But ... more
- and WHERE did it say HE, PERSONALLY suffered them? Sia☺giah, Thu Mar 16 2:13pmTo a DISCERNING reader, it is obvious that he is AVOIDING POTENTIAL HASSLES and thus chose to remain where he was... or did you somehow FORGET about this OTHER British citizen who DID experience... more
- Which is why I ASKED... duh.... Sprout, Thu Mar 16 2:47pmAnd then you whined about me asking... Jeez... It is amazing that you will find something to bitch about in ANYTHING...
- It is also a protest Pikes, Wed Mar 15 4:45pmMany people are changing their plans, to NOT visit the US because they have other choices. They don't like the travel ban based on selection due to faith. Other places have great cities, beautiful... more