IO's Discussion Board
Lease this WebApp and get rid of the ads.
Anonymous
Re: The 10th Circuit Court of Appeals remains silent.
Mon Sep 3, 2018 9:58pm
108.78.191.189

How it works is that when a federal court does something a State does not like, while the State may be forced to accept topfree the various cities and townships quickly pass their versions of anti-female-nipple laws. The result is confusion, and that is just what prosecutors want. Can they or can't they? It takes time to hear dozens of cases in separate districts within the State, appeal, recharge, rinse, repeat. Eventually, it makes it to the State Supreme Court and rules over the local authorities. Still confusion remains, for in the actual codes, it is illegal, yet the court ruling makes it legal. The topless ladies can get hassled and charged with other illegal activities, such as disturbing the peace. Or the officer can claim she wasn't merely topless but flaunt her toplessness, ergo, titillating, and not protected. More court trials and such. This is all to suppress women the same rights as men. Eventually, some woman sues for false arrest and being harassed, and the court awards her a hefty sum of money. Now, the State and local authorities do not wish to pay out again, and a right is claimed.

I seriously doubt a verdict and opinion will be held for after the election, for that reeks of politicizing the courts. They may issue their opinions after teh election simply to ensure proper reviews and such, but not because it my favor/disfavor one political group over another. Courts are much happier when legislatures resolve these political debates.

  • I have to wonder if a certain case: https://www.coloradoan.com/story/news/2018/01/17/free-nipple-apppeal/1040824001/ ("A ruling isnít expected for two to four months, said Free the Nipple attorney... more
    • Politicians in RobesJB, Sat Sep 15 1:42pm
      There was once an illusion that our rights were based on inalienable principles, but those days are gone. It is a farce and deserves no respect, nor should we feel that we are protected. It is known... more
      • democracy-mistakeT., Sun Sep 16 5:42pm
        Technically we do not live in a democracy. We live in a republic. Just a point of order.
      • Re: Politicians in RobesAnonymous, Sat Sep 15 8:46pm
        democracy is not the goal. In a democracy 50.1% of the population decides what they can take from the other 49.9% of the people. In a republic, the rights of the minority are to be protected by the... more
        • And...Not A ID, Sun Sep 16 10:41am
          The legislature itself can become somewhat "undemocratic" as well, under certain circumstances. Such as it taking three election cycles to replace everybody in the Senate, even if 70% of the... more
          • Re: And...Anonymous, Mon Sep 17 2:18am
            The Senate is said to be the saucer for the hot tea cup of the House. A grand idea will last the test of time. A bad idea ought not be rushed into on the whims of a majority. Hence, the Senate is to... more
    • Re: The 10th Circuit Court of Appeals remains silent. — Anonymous, Mon Sep 3 9:58pm
      • Not saying its impossible, I just doubt it. If they issue a pro-FTN ruling in October, or even the latter half of September, it is very likely that the Presidential Mid-Term elections will suddenly... more
        • You are thinking more like a politician than a judge. While judges are not immune to political winds, they tend not to worry about such. When a judgement is ready, it is ready. Public intercourse on... more
          • Only if it was SCotUS doing so.Not A ID, Tue Sep 4 5:23pm
            And even (former) Supreme Court Justices have acknowledged that politics DO sometimes factor in to decisions made by the courts, even if it is something as "trivial" as timing of a ruling's release.... more
Click here to receive daily updates
IO's Discussion Board