Lease this WebApp and get rid of the ads.
Tony Wright
I need an adapter
Wed Sep 5, 2018 00:16

OK, NEVER volunteer...but, it is my 50th High School Reunion. What can I say, in a weak moment, I offered to help keep the cost low for everyone.

Recorded music, no DJ patter or dialogue. BUT the question has been asked if I can provide sound out of a thumb drive.

I honestly do not know of a converter...anyone got any suggestions?

I do not own any laptop or note pad device that accepts a thumb drive and I am NOT taking my desk top what are my options?

Simplest would be something that converts that down to a stereo TRS 1/4 pair so I can just plug into the mixer. Or should I bite the bullet and buy a budget DJ mixer, etc that has CD players AND thumb drive input? I have about a week to decide options and put a solution in place.

And I might be able to rent a DJ mixer, so that is not totally out of the question.

    • Sounds liked horse pucky to meBoomer, Thu Sep 6 08:35
      One time use. Unpaid gig. Not worth buying an item, not worth renting an item. If a person can make and bring a thumb drive music library, they can also bring the device to play them, IMO. Any small, ... more
      • You are correct...Tony Wright, Fri Sep 7 02:06
        We worked it out before I read your reply. We came to the same solution. But I will also need to have the ability to play actual CDs so I am back to needing that type of device...and since I do a few ... more
  • Click here to receive daily updates

    Scott's PA Tutorial Homepage