Lease this WebApp and get rid of the ads.
admin 818
VIN plate
Sun Dec 25, 2016 07:30

It is against Federal law to reproduce, swap, or alter a VIN plate. You will need to get with your state's DMV or Highway Patrol to secure a new VIN and VIN plate. The only place I'm aware of on a 1966 Chevelle with a partial VIN is on top of the frame rail - see The partial VIN will only have the model year, assembly plant and car's sequence number such as 6A123456. You'll still need your state law enforcement to verify the VIN and get a state issued VIN.

  • 1966 Chevelle Vin - Chris , Sun Dec 18 16:36
    Can u purchase a replacement vin plate. The one on the door jamb was lost during restoration. If so where. Also since the car is back together, what are the other locations you can see the vin... more
    • VIN plate - admin 818, Sun Dec 25 07:30
Click here to receive daily updates