Elizabeth ToddRe Dougal McGregor & Catherine McgregorTue Mar 13, 2012 15:18126.96.36.199Hi
Thanks for the information.
Just to clarify - is Alexander Cameron and Helen Morison the ones who married 1769 in Comrie? (Just to be confusing there is an Alexander Cameron and Janet Morison in 1769 in Blaqhidder.)
- Re: Re Catherin Cameron John Andrew Hutchison, Mon Mar 12 10:52Hi Elizabeth, I had a root through my notes on Balquhidder at the weekend and I think you're right, Dougal's parental family was probably; 1763 Donald Buchanan alias McGregor married Christian... more
- Re Dougal McGregor & Catherine Mcgregor Elizabeth Todd, Tue Mar 13 15:18
- Re: Re Dougal McGregor & Catherine Mcgregor John Andrew Hutchison, Wed Mar 14 01:12I think they're the same. I can't see any children to Alex and Janet, only Alex and Helen. The marriages are only a few weeks apart, and it was common practice to record a marriage in two parishes... more
- Re Mcgregor line Elizabeth Todd, Thu Mar 15 12:18Hi John Thanks for your help. (I had a break from the McGregor line for a week - had to give my brain a break. I've decided to have another go..) It's very confusing with differing dates etc...... more
- Re: Re Mcgregor line John Andrew Hutchison, Fri Mar 16 04:38Hi Elizabeth, I have two entries for Dougal in the South Perthshire Monumental Inscriptions; Callander cemetery 1858 Dougal McGregor died Dullater 5.9.1838 aged 72, wife Cath Cameron died 28.8.1847... more
- Re Donald Buchanan's family Elizabeth Todd, Sat Apr 14 16:36Hi John (Thanks for all the information - especially concerning maps. I found the NLS Ordnance Survey maps helpful.) I've been sitting looking as the Balq. Baptisms list - going 'round and 'round in... more
- Re Balquhidder Elizabeth Todd, Sat Mar 17 09:01Thanks John The information has been helpful. Is there an online map available of Balquhidder parish and surrounding parishes that mark all these places of the 1600/1700s? I find it hard to place... more
- Ordance Survey maps Jim M'Gregor, Sun Mar 18 14:55Try http://streetmap.co.uk . Some of the old farms are shown unless you zoom in.
- maps of Scotland Gkeir, Sun Mar 18 02:53The following website has wonderful old maps of Scotland. I have found places I was looking for on these maps. www.maps.nls.uk Grace
- Re: Re Balquhidder John Andrew Hutchison, Sat Mar 17 23:32Hi, I use this site; http://www.old-maps.co.uk/index.html But it's fiddly. For modern maps I use Bing; http://www.bing.com/maps You can change the Road view to Ordnance Survey, and the OS maps have... more