Mother was a McGeheeWed Jun 6, 2012 01:44220.127.116.11Good morning,
My mother is a McGehee (maiden name / married name Clark), her parents were Oliver Carruth McGehee and Fla Attrice Spell McGehee. My grandfather, O.C. McGehee was from Port Arthur, Texas. My grandmother (Fla) told me when I was small that we were descendents of the McGregor's and had to change our name to McGehee, upon immigrating to America.
I have not done much geneology research at all, but I truly want to know my ancestory on the McGehee side. If anyone has information on Oliver Carruth McGehee (July 14, 1903 - November 10, 1970) and this family tree, I would greatly appreciate the information.
- Mother was a McGehee abcstoryteller, Wed Jun 20 10:43Hello James & Crystal, I am descended from William McGehee Jr & Elizabeth McCollough. They were my 7X great-grandparents. Would either of you like to chat? And, Crystal, there was an O.Carruth... more
- Additional Information on McGehee's Crystal Lee , Thu Jun 21 03:05I'm fairly certain, that Lewis McGehee and Samuel McGehee are the next two men in the line after my great grandfather: William Frank McGehee Abt 1882 (My Great Grandfather) Ida Blanche Carruth Dec.... more
- Additional Information on McGehee's Anonymous, Thu Jun 21 02:52Good morning, Thanks for the note. After doing some additional research. I was wrong about Port Arthur that was my Grandma's (Fla Attrice Spell McGehee's) family - the Spells. The McGehee side... more
- Mother was a McGehee Angela Corbin, Wed Jun 20 10:47Sorry, my name is Angela. I am new to this & didn't realize the system was putting part of my email as my name. Anyway, I look forward to talking with James & Crystal on their research!
- Re: Mother was a McGehee James King, Thu Jun 7 14:57Crystal: Do you know whether your McGehee family is descended from William McGehee Jr. and Elizabeth McCollough? If so, you are definitely descended from Patrick Abroch of the Ladeus/Laddassach line... more
- Thanks So Much Crystal Lee, Fri Jun 8 03:02I truly appreciate the response and the leads. I'll keep digging on the family trees, until I get the answers. Thanks, again!
- MacGehees James King, Fri Jun 22 10:50Crystal (et.al.) Wanted to share information I have gathered for ancestors of Thomas MacGehee and Ann Baystrop: father of Thomas: William Laideus (or Laddasach) (1615-1675) aka William Abroch m.... more
- MacGehees/Laideus Angela Corbin, Sat Jun 23 00:18James, Was the Laideus (or Laddasach) adopted because of the proscription? Do you know it's meaning? Thanks! Angela
- Re: MacGehees/Laideus James King, Sat Jun 23 02:11Angela, I'm not sure of the meaning of the surname Laideus or Ladassach (Laddasach). It was adopted as a result of Proscription. The progenitor of the family was called "the complete hero", but... more
- Re: MacGehees/Laideus Angela Corbin, Wed Jun 27 00:49Jim, Do you know how we can get in touch with Dr. McGregor? Angela
- Re: MacGehees/Laideus James King, Wed Jun 27 01:38Angela: Dr. Richard monitors this site frequently and should be responding soon. If you don't hear from him in a few days or need quick info, just let me know. Jim
- Samuel MacGehee Crystal Lee, Fri Jun 22 13:04I would like records back farther back. Definitely!, if you're willing to share: email@example.com. So, do you show Samuel as a child of Thomas MacGehee, as well? If so, I am starting to get... more
- Re: Samuel MacGehee James King, Fri Jun 22 13:39Crystal: will send you ancestral file once I get it together. In my own King family line, I only followed the MacGregors for the first 30 generations due to space constraints; however, I do not show... more
- Ancestry Files Crystal Lee, Fri Jun 22 13:58Yes, I'd like the records back to Gregor MacAlpin and farther back, when you have a chance.