John Andrew HutchisonRe: Re Gregor McGrigorWed Jun 6, 2012 06:220.127.116.11Hi Elizabeth,
Do you mean Gregor, the son of Malcolm og, who was the son of Gregor dubh of Glengyle?
If so, Amelia MacGregor published the following documents in her history:
A marriage contract dated 19th March 1657: John McGregor brother to Donald McGregor in Glengyle and Margaret Menteith sister to Patrick Menteith of Arnbeg.
The same documnet says he recieved as a dowry the lands of Ballanmenoch in the Barony of Rednoche and Shire of Perth. This is probably somewhere by the lake of Menteith.
An IOU dated 18th March 1665: Donald MacGregor in Portnellan...John MacGregor, Donald's brother german is a witness.
A court case for poaching deer dated 19th June 1688: Gregour McGregour in Ardmackmuyean.
But there is also an extract from the Regality Books of Monteith dated 26th June 1688: Gregor McGregor in Ardmakmunean and Dougall NrGregor there.
They were his sons. So the court case was probably also his son.
John Ward says John McConnel Glas VI of Glengyle's marriage contract in 1687 was signed by Gregor McGregor wadsetter in Ardmakmuine. I guess this is also his son.
Amelia also published the bond electing Balhaldies in July 1714, his son signed it Gregor McGregor in Ardmackmuir.
His descendant was Duncan Murray of Drumlich.
Or do you mean Gregor, the son of Malcom og, who was the brother of Gregor dubh of Glengyle?
Amelia MacGregor published the following documents in her history:
A royal pardon dated 2nd April 1614: John Murray formerly called Gregor McGregor McCallum VcCulchere in Bray of Balquhidder
An arrest warrent dated 23rd December 1630: Gregour McCoull son to Malcome McGregour in Glengyle.
His desendant was Donald Murray of Craigruie.
Or do you mean another Gregor and Malcolm og?
- Re Gregor McGrigor Elizabeth Todd, Tue Jun 5 17:23Does anyone have any information about Gregor McGrigor who died Feb 1673 in Ruscachan? He is believed to be a brother of Malcolm of Craigruie 1610-1675, and possibly the third son of a Malcolm Og.
- Re: Re Gregor McGrigor John Andrew Hutchison, Wed Jun 6 06:16
- Re Gregor McGregor Elizabeth Todd, Wed Jun 6 16:33Hi John, Since we last corresponded, I discovered that Donald McGregor and his son Dougall, Ruscachan were listed on the 1787 election list for the Clan chief, under 'Dougal Keir' branch. I found an... more
- Re: Re Gregor McGregor John Andrew Hutchison, Fri Jun 8 09:55Hi Elizabeth, The index is very interesting, but a bit chaotic. Part of it explains the origin of a McGregor from Killin who was the subject of a discussion here a while ago. I'll have to post a new... more
- Re Gregor McGregor Elizabeth Todd, Sat Jun 9 13:37Thanks for the reply. Do you know if this Gregor who married Elizabeth is connected to Ruscachan? (By the way, do you know where Tyress/Tayness is in Balquhidder? This is where Dougal - my ancestor - ... more
- Re: Re Gregor McGregor Richard McGregor, Wed Jun 6 21:44I can tell you where this list originated. I have an early version of the same it's but including many other MacGregors other than Dougal Ciar branch and the originator was Sheila McGregor a former... more
- Ward and Amelia Mary McGregor, Thu Jun 7 01:42I relied heavily on Ward and Amelia info when starting my tree and also a tree brought by a family member from Scotland. Somewhere in this Gregor Dubh line there is an error in my branch which would... more
- Re: Ward and Amelia Annie, Thu Jun 7 15:15Mary. Is this John (Townholm)McGregor you mention? His son John born 1807 came to Canada and married a Christian McEachran Dresden Ontario? They had family that went to the USA. Why I ask is I am... more
- Michigan McGregor's Mary McGregor, Fri Jun 8 01:36Annie I have this John's parents as John b 28 Nov 1776 m. Margaret Adams and this John as the son of Gregor and Mary Hamilton. I have been able to find no records on Margaret Adams but at the same... more
- Adams Annie, Sun Aug 5 06:20Sorry I am so late getting back to you. We moved.. Our email is the same tho... email@example.com... Annie
- Grigor's son John/ Christian McEachren Mary McGregor, Fri Jun 8 01:21Yes this is the line I am working on and are my ancestors. John and Christian McEachrine (McKechnie) had a son John b. 15 Dec. 1835 in Kilmarnock, Ayr, Scotland, 58 S. Hamilton Rd. according to... more
- Re: Ward and Amelia Richard McGregor, Thu Jun 7 12:57Hi Mary what is your kit number for DNA? Mary Hamukton was one of three wives of Gregor McGregor, butcher in Edinburgh who was descended from Rob Roy.
- Ward and Amelia Grant Drummond (MacGregor), Sun Jun 10 12:11Hi Richard, Is this the same Gregor MacGregor (1741 - 1799) m. Mary Hamilton with one of his 3 wives as Isabella, Princess of Diabenti, daughter of the King of the Koromanti Nation of the Gold Coast... more
- DNA kit Mary McGregor, Fri Jun 8 01:27Hello Richard, I had this Gregor m. to Mary Hamilton as son of Ranald, son of Rob Roy from my research but the dna test kit #206328 of a relative did not bear this out. I am going to start a new... more