James KingRe: Mother was a McGeheeThu Jun 7, 2012 14:57184.108.40.206Crystal: Do you know whether your McGehee family is descended from William McGehee Jr. and Elizabeth McCollough? If so, you are definitely descended from Patrick Abroch of the Ladeus/Laddassach line of MacGregors. Will need a little more information on your family when you get it to determine lineage.
You may have a DOUBLE dose of MacGregor blood on your maternal side: Clark is also a known MacGregor pseudoname.
You might try going on line and checking out other McGehee family trees to see if there's a match as well.
- Mother was a McGehee Crystal Clark Lee, Wed Jun 6 01:44Good morning, My mother is a McGehee (maiden name / married name Clark), her parents were Oliver Carruth McGehee and Fla Attrice Spell McGehee. My grandfather, O.C. McGehee was from Port Arthur,... more
- Mother was a McGehee abcstoryteller, Wed Jun 20 10:43Hello James & Crystal, I am descended from William McGehee Jr & Elizabeth McCollough. They were my 7X great-grandparents. Would either of you like to chat? And, Crystal, there was an O.Carruth... more
- Additional Information on McGehee's Crystal Lee , Thu Jun 21 03:05I'm fairly certain, that Lewis McGehee and Samuel McGehee are the next two men in the line after my great grandfather: William Frank McGehee Abt 1882 (My Great Grandfather) Ida Blanche Carruth Dec.... more
- Additional Information on McGehee's Anonymous, Thu Jun 21 02:52Good morning, Thanks for the note. After doing some additional research. I was wrong about Port Arthur that was my Grandma's (Fla Attrice Spell McGehee's) family - the Spells. The McGehee side... more
- Mother was a McGehee Angela Corbin, Wed Jun 20 10:47Sorry, my name is Angela. I am new to this & didn't realize the system was putting part of my email as my name. Anyway, I look forward to talking with James & Crystal on their research!
- Re: Mother was a McGehee James King, Thu Jun 7 14:57
- Thanks So Much Crystal Lee, Fri Jun 8 03:02I truly appreciate the response and the leads. I'll keep digging on the family trees, until I get the answers. Thanks, again!
- MacGehees James King, Fri Jun 22 10:50Crystal (et.al.) Wanted to share information I have gathered for ancestors of Thomas MacGehee and Ann Baystrop: father of Thomas: William Laideus (or Laddasach) (1615-1675) aka William Abroch m.... more
- MacGehees/Laideus Angela Corbin, Sat Jun 23 00:18James, Was the Laideus (or Laddasach) adopted because of the proscription? Do you know it's meaning? Thanks! Angela
- Re: MacGehees/Laideus James King, Sat Jun 23 02:11Angela, I'm not sure of the meaning of the surname Laideus or Ladassach (Laddasach). It was adopted as a result of Proscription. The progenitor of the family was called "the complete hero", but... more
- Re: MacGehees/Laideus Angela Corbin, Wed Jun 27 00:49Jim, Do you know how we can get in touch with Dr. McGregor? Angela
- Re: MacGehees/Laideus James King, Wed Jun 27 01:38Angela: Dr. Richard monitors this site frequently and should be responding soon. If you don't hear from him in a few days or need quick info, just let me know. Jim
- Samuel MacGehee Crystal Lee, Fri Jun 22 13:04I would like records back farther back. Definitely!, if you're willing to share: email@example.com. So, do you show Samuel as a child of Thomas MacGehee, as well? If so, I am starting to get... more
- Re: Samuel MacGehee James King, Fri Jun 22 13:39Crystal: will send you ancestral file once I get it together. In my own King family line, I only followed the MacGregors for the first 30 generations due to space constraints; however, I do not show... more
- Ancestry Files Crystal Lee, Fri Jun 22 13:58Yes, I'd like the records back to Gregor MacAlpin and farther back, when you have a chance.