James KingMacGeheesFri Jun 22, 2012 10:5018.104.22.168Crystal (et.al.)
Wanted to share information I have gathered for ancestors of Thomas MacGehee and Ann Baystrop:
father of Thomas: William Laideus (or Laddasach) (1615-1675) aka William Abroch
m. Christian MacDonald
grandfather of Thomas: Patrick Laideus (or Laddasach)
m. Lady Marion MacDonald in 1617
g-grandfather of Thomas: Duncan Laideus (or Laddasach) (1564-4/1604)
m. Christian MacFarland
g-g-grandfather of Thomas: Gregor Laideus (or Laddasach) (c. 1520-6/16/1552) FIRST CHIEF OF CLAN MacEOUGH (CLANN 'a CHEDD or CHILDREN OF THE MIST)(Executed with his father)
m. Isabel Cameron
g-g-g-grandfather of Thomas: Duncan MacGregor (1490-6/16/1552) Duncan took the surname Laideus or Laddasach)(executed with his son Gregor)
m. Mary Campbell
Can go back further, but here's the definite MacGregor connection. If you wish further ancestors of Duncan MacGregor, just let me know.
Cousin Jim King
- Thanks So Much Crystal Lee, Fri Jun 8 03:02I truly appreciate the response and the leads. I'll keep digging on the family trees, until I get the answers. Thanks, again!
- MacGehees James King, Fri Jun 22 10:50
- MacGehees/Laideus Angela Corbin, Sat Jun 23 00:18James, Was the Laideus (or Laddasach) adopted because of the proscription? Do you know it's meaning? Thanks! Angela
- Re: MacGehees/Laideus James King, Sat Jun 23 02:11Angela, I'm not sure of the meaning of the surname Laideus or Ladassach (Laddasach). It was adopted as a result of Proscription. The progenitor of the family was called "the complete hero", but... more
- Re: MacGehees/Laideus Angela Corbin, Wed Jun 27 00:49Jim, Do you know how we can get in touch with Dr. McGregor? Angela
- Re: MacGehees/Laideus James King, Wed Jun 27 01:38Angela: Dr. Richard monitors this site frequently and should be responding soon. If you don't hear from him in a few days or need quick info, just let me know. Jim
- Samuel MacGehee Crystal Lee, Fri Jun 22 13:04I would like records back farther back. Definitely!, if you're willing to share: email@example.com. So, do you show Samuel as a child of Thomas MacGehee, as well? If so, I am starting to get... more
- Re: Samuel MacGehee James King, Fri Jun 22 13:39Crystal: will send you ancestral file once I get it together. In my own King family line, I only followed the MacGregors for the first 30 generations due to space constraints; however, I do not show... more
- Ancestry Files Crystal Lee, Fri Jun 22 13:58Yes, I'd like the records back to Gregor MacAlpin and farther back, when you have a chance.