The "epoxy" we used when we mixed in the flake was a thicker one than what we used for the Clear. We sanded the Flake/Epoxy mix with 180 grit dry paper. Thats about all that would cut that stuff. The design work was taped out and sprayed over the epoxy with lacquers from the company "METALFLAKE". Let that dry at least 24 hrs before clearing or the thinning in the lacquer could lift the clear epoxy while it was trying to evaporate underneath. No sand scratches ever showed from the 180 because of the terrific fill factor of the epoxy. I have photos on Flickr under Andy anderson74. Or E-mail me with questions. email@example.com. The paint was brutal to breath and I didn't have anything but a dust respirator to use spraying in my grandfathers garage. paying for it now but still painting.
..that makes sense. I've been looking at my old 70's Chopper mags, and most every custom painter advertisement that would be in the back of the magazines mentioned the word 'epoxy'... most with the... more