TOTALLY HIP SUPPORT GROUPEileenDana Mears & Shadyside HospitalMon Jun 18, 2012 8:56pm22.214.171.124Hi,
Dana Mears is suppoed to be an excellent surgeon. He replaced my friend's knee and she is very happy. However, he makes two incisions for hips which makes more of a chance for infection. Several of my friends and acquaintances have gotten infections at Shadyside Hospital.
Did Dr. Mears do your first left hip? I would like to speak to you. If you would like to talk to me, you can e-mail me and leave your number or I will give you mine. I live half in Pgh. and half in Ft. Lauderdale. I like Magee Hospital but I like a Dr. In Florida. Since I was a nurse I am very cautious and have been researching this for several years.
I am not in a great deal of pain but I limp and my knee hurts. Lately, I have been taking pain meds so it may be time to have a THR.
Would love to hear from those who have had both anterior and posterior THRS or anterior without the Hana Table!
- Re: How to post a question Just me, Mon Jun 18 6:31amI had a minimally invasive right hip replacement last April. All went well. then last October had extensive bone grafting and left hip revision surgery. After three dislocations, I developed a wound... more
- Dana Mears & Shadyside Hospital Eileen, Mon Jun 18 8:56pm
- Dana Mears, M.D. Ann, Tue Jul 9 9:18pmI had a right minimally invasive hip replacement done by Dana Mears, M.D. I not only got two major incisional infections that required hospitalization, it was also revealed during a CT scan for the... more
- Shadyside Hospital Eileen Winkler, Tue Jul 9 10:40pmHi, Sorry to hear about your problems My friend had 2 knees done at separate times by Dr. Mears with no problems. However, I had four friends get infections after surgery. One was knee, Dr. Graf.... more
- Dana Mears, M.D. Ann, Wed Jul 10 7:52pmEileen, Thanks for your kind words. Yes, Dr. Mears caused the fracture during my surgery. I spoke with a close friend of mine who is a judge and he advised me to keep my appointment with Dr. Mears... more
- Dr. Mears, etc Susan, Fri May 23 10:24amAnn, I had a very similar outcome fractured femur & also lost 7 pints of blood during the surgery. I had a very prominent, world-renown surgeon who never admitted any wrong-doing nor did any other... more
- Bad surgery performed by Dana Mears mike felsoci, Thu May 22 10:29amDana Mears severely stretched my femoral nerve during MIS hip surgery when I never should have had this type of surgery. I'm looking for a good lawyer to file a lawsuit. Does any one no of good... more
- question Eileen Winkler, Tue Oct 22 12:34pmHi, Who is your new Doctor? My friend had two knee replacements and they were fine. Sorry that this fracture happened. Eileen
- reply Eileen Winkler, Wed Jul 10 8:59pmHi, I would like to know to whom you are going now. You can call me 412-241-0421 or e-mail at email@example.com I've read that with a small incision it's hard to place sometimes.Don't know why he... more
- Hip Replacement-mom Patti, Mon Oct 21 10:51amMy mom has been in terrible pain since end of June..insurance would not approve MRI until she had therapy..my point is how would therapy be determined without prognosis. She has pain that seems to be ... more
- anteior THR Eileen Winkler, Tue Oct 22 12:46pmAnterior Hip replacement is now being done at Allegheny General on a Hana Table by Dr. Soterianos and Dr. Huebner. Also at Monongahela Hosp. by Dr. Ari Pressman. Both in PITTSBURGH, Pa. Supposedly,... more
- Willow Bark Patti, Tue Oct 22 1:29pmDo you feel that the supplement is helping you?
- hip replacements ashley, Thu May 2 10:13amhello my brother is having both hips done next month by dr mears and i am wondering if you heard anymore about this or if you ended up having yours done... thanks!
- Eileen.... Linda Bloom, Tue Jun 19 9:39pmDr. Mears did my second hip replacement....and I only have one incision. It's located at the crease of my groin. I was up and walking 3 hours after surgery...out of the hospital in 2 days. So sorry... more
- Re: Eileen.... Eileen Winkler, Wed Jun 20 5:55pmDR. Mears must have changed his approach! Eileen phone 412-241-0421 I know of a Norman Bloom
- Eileen...approach Linda Bloom, Thu Jun 21 10:42amYes, he must have. I assumed he'd be using the two incision procedure, but only have one....way up high in the thigh in the groin area. I tried sending you an e-mail, but not sure if it went thru.... more
- e-mail Eileen Winkler, Tue Oct 22 12:29pmHi, Linda I didn't get your e-mail but I read your post. If and when I have THR it will probably be with Stephen Naide MD in Ft. Lauderdale where I spend the winter. He does anterior hips. My e-mail... more
- Re: Eileen...approach Eiloeen, Thu Jun 21 7:28pmMy e-mail is firstname.lastname@example.org phone 412-241-0421 I live in Churchill. Went to Allderdice. i clicked on your name but no address comes up. At present I have been taking a herbal med with willow bark ... more
- Shadyside Hosp Just me, Tue Jun 19 7:34amHow have the people that got an infection @Shadyside recovered? Hopefully they are all ok. Getting the infection has changed my life drastically. I am recovering, but very slowly. Also, living... more
- answer Eileen Winkler, Wed Jun 20 6:05pmHi, Yes everyone who had an infection got better. It took my friend with knee replacement a long time. She was sent to Rehab with an infection and had to go back to the hospital. She has scleraderma... more
- Just me mary, Tue Jun 19 11:30pmI had a similar thing happen to me but thank god I didn't get an infection... I had hip one, put in at age 37... 8 years later, all I needed was a new liner, (simple) right? no after that surgery it... more
- Infection Just me, Wed Jun 20 6:00amThank you Mary. As I have said before, finding this site has really helped me cope. It gives one strength knowing others are enduring similar experiences.
- anterior/posterior Dianne in Colorado, Mon Jun 18 11:49pmI have had one posterior THR 7 years ago and an anterior ( on Hana table) 2 1/2 years ago. There was not all that much difference. Short term recovery was easier with the lack of restrictions on the... more
- I concur Micnelle/Michelle, Sat Jun 23 11:33amMy THR 5 years ago was an anterior. Last year, posterior. The greatest difference was in the first few weeks after surgery. By about 6 weeks, IMO there really was no difference.
"I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13